Moving Servers

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
Librarius Metallicus will be moving to a new server either today or tomorrow (depending on if I run into any snags today). This shouldn't really affect anything as you will still be going to the current server until your ISP updates the DNS to point to the new server. I just thought you might like to know what's going on. I ended up having the opportunity to lease my own dedicated server (because I got some other people to pay for most of it to host their stuff), and it's a pretty smokin server, so it should speed the site up a lot. Oh, by the way, if you know anyone who needs cheap hosting, let me know about it. I'm looking for a few more sites to pay $10-20 a month to cover the rest of the cost of the server. I only accept payment with Paypal. The price is negotiable based on the size of the site and how much traffic it gets.

Now that I've got the server and finished my contract work, I should be spending a lot more time on coding the new Librarius Metallicus, so I'll hopefully have some new features up in the next month or so. Keep an eye out for that.

That's about it for now.

Well, it took longer than I expected, but everything is up and running on the new server. The DNS change should filter out around the world over the next few days, but really the only thing you'll probably notice is that it runs faster (new server is a lot more powerful). Now I'll get crackin on the code.