Moving to North Carolina

bwrightson

Feb 17, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I am moving from Dallas to Charlotte, North Carolina soon and was wandering if you guys could fill me in on what the venues and/or web sites are for prog metal concerts in the area.

I am pleased that Iron Maiden are welcoming me to town this summer! :kickass:

I am also glad to be able to drive to ProgPower now rather than fly!

Thanks,
Bill

You're lucky in the sense that you'll be able to catch WIDOW live quite often, living in North Carolina!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Za_Yp2rOQ&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRoWjBL9Fss&feature=related[/ame]

Yep, bookmark the 3 places Pelata mentioned along with the Milestone and you'll have the bulk of Charlotte metal/punk/etc. covered. If big shows skip the arena/amphitheater in Charlotte you'll also be an hour or so from Greenville, SC, and Greensboro, NC which also can get the "bigger" shows...

We'll actually be in NC for St. Patricks Day. A friend asked us to play a charity gig, a Multiple Sclerosis Beneift Concert, so we'll be headlining this if you're around and would like to donate to a good cause. I understand it's a 4 hour drive, but hey, it's the same state... lol

http://youtu.be/xaSfwEFCeOc

We'll actually be in NC for St. Patricks Day. A friend asked us to play a charity gig, a Multiple Sclerosis Beneift Concert, so we'll be headlining this if you're around and would like to donate to a good cause. I understand it's a 4 hour drive, but hey, it's the same state... lol

I demand you wish me, by my forum name, a happy birthday while on stage, though I'll be in Phoenix. Bonus points if you have it filmed and put it on youtube.

Thanks all and thanks for the Widow reference - I will definitely be checking them out once I get into town!

Right now I am living in an apartment near Ballantyne, but will hopefully be buying a house a little further north in Charlotte over the summer.

Bill

Thanks all and thanks for the Widow reference - I will definitely be checking them out once I get into town!

Right now I am living in an apartment near Ballantyne, but will hopefully be buying a house a little further north in Charlotte over the summer.

Bill

It's a bit of a hike, but the Raleigh metal scene is pretty amazing. That's where you're most likely to find Widow, but there are a lot of great bands there.

And don't forget to check out the Manifest Records store in Charlotte.

You're lucky in the sense that you'll be able to catch WIDOW live quite often, living in North Carolina!!

Yeah if he wants to drive 3+ hours to catch Widow in Raleigh. hahaha, thems my boys but i am pretty sure they haven't played Charlotte in the last 3 years or longer. hahaha.

I am based in Greensboro and you may have to drive up here to come to Greene Street to catch a metal show sometimes. Good venue and they have the right promoters that get a bunch of the smaller shows. (room holds roughly 500 when packed out).

But Shawn was spot on for Charlotte venues.

Love me some NC! My wife is from NC, I went to high school in NC as well but the opposite side of the state from here.

We're waiting on ya Dub.....

bwrightson...welcome to the birthplace of just about every Lifetime movie story....
Clubs mentioned already in Charlotte are generally the places to go..a few smaller ones around that might have local shows, typical to any city.
Really not much happening in Charlotte or Winston Salem anymore, except the occasional arena show.
Raleigh does get it's fair of shows and only three hours out.

The Orange Peel in Ashville supposed to be a nice place, not that far from Charlotte, never been....think 4 hours or so from Raleigh

...The Orange Peel in Ashville supposed to be a nice place, not that far from Charlotte, never been....think 4 hours or so from Raleigh

- yeah, less than two hours from Charlotte along with a smaller club called 'The Get Down', which boasts an enthusiastic metal crowd. I'll be posting next week about a short-run tour I'm helping Italian metallers RED WARLOCK with that will run through Asheville, Charlotte, Raleigh, and probably Wilmington the first week of April.

Watch for details all you Tarheels! :cool: