Moving to PT11

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Hey,

I'm on PT10 and I'll move to PT11, then maybe PT12. I have some questions about plugins compatibility.
Most of the plugins I use are RTAS, do I need to install AAX versions in order to use them in PT11 or PT12? Also I bought a Waves plugin recently but I'll need to upgrade my OS to 10.9 (currently mac OSX 10.8.5) It's always painfull to upgrade OS and/or DAW as I get issues everytime. So do you have any advices before switching to PT11?

Thanks

Yeah you'll need AAX versions for PT11. The overwhelming majority of plugins have been ported to AAX now, for the odd couple that haven't you can use Bluecat Patchwork to wrap the VST/AU version.

I'd skip 11 entirely tbh and go straight to 12, few great new features on it!

Ok, thank you. Will have to uninstall all plugins then reinstall AAX... I hate to do that tbh.
To those who have PT12.3, which OS would be the best (stable). 10.9 Mavericks? 10.10 Yosemite?

No you dont need to uninstall, just reinstall the new ones. On some versions of OSX you can have both PT10 and PT12 installed. Its only offically supported for 10.8 but I've got it my 10/11 install working on 10.9 so I'd expect 10/12 would work too.