Mac and Protools Help

Studdy

Jan 24, 2012
I will be the first to admit that im a life long PC user that uses Mac only in the studio. Hey guys, im going to make the switch from PT10 to PT11 due to -6101 errors and to be 64bit. My only holdup is that my mac is running Lion, and im confused on what to do to get moved over. It seems like Mountain Lion will run both 10 and 11 but it is a paid upgrade? The newest OS Yosemite is a free upgrade but im not sure its the best way to go. Can one you you Mac/Protools guys chime in here and tell me whats the best way to go here. Cheers!

I upgraded to Yosemite last night and PT10 & 11 works for me.

No problems at all? Did you just do the upgrade and it left all your applications and shit in tact. Simple as that?

Anyone else have any more words of wisdom before I try this upgrade. I've been led to believe PT10 wont work and at the moment it is all i have.

Cheers

DO NOT GO TO YOSEMITE IF USING PT 10.
There is a serious graphical problem that means you cannot see the contents of ANY drop down menu.

Mavericks is far more stable for pt

DO NOT GO TO YOSEMITE IF USING PT 10.
There is a serious graphical problem that means you cannot see the contents of ANY drop down menu.

Mavericks is far more stable for pt

I dont think Mavericks is an option anymore. Looks like

Yosemite = Free Upgrade
Mountain Lion = $20 Upgrade

Dont care about cost I want what works best.

Is mountain lion best choice for PT 10 / 11. Ultimately if PT11 works well for me i wont use 10 but right now i dont want to Upgrade to a new OS buy PT11 and have a mess on my hands when i could have stuck with PT10. Cheers guys

At this point it looks like Mountain Lion is the best choice for me to run PT11 and PT10 both stable, too bad it isnt free like Yosemite but oh well. Can someone please tell me if this is the best choice or any opinions on this before i buy PT11 and upgrade OS. Am i silly for trying to keep PT10 around at all? Should i just install Yosemite buy pt10 to pt11 upgrade? I just really dont want to have some shitty unstable mess when i could have just left things alone. Cheers!

No problems at all? Did you just do the upgrade and it left all your applications and shit in tact. Simple as that?

Anyone else have any more words of wisdom before I try this upgrade. I've been led to believe PT10 wont work and at the moment it is all i have.

Cheers

Ah yeah, never noticed the menu errors as I just hit play after it opened.

Sorry to bump so quickly but i was hoping one of our Protools/Mac gurus around here could advise me which direction is best. Im hoping to make the change tomorrow. Cheers \m/

I was on Mountain Lion and Mavericks. I only went to Yosemite last night. All my sessions until last year were on PT10, but I've now moved to 11 and won't go back. I'm currently building a Hackintosh and will be installing Yosemite which means no PT10.

I guess you could torrent Mavericks since it was free and is no longer available on the app store.

Okay new question, if I buy the protools 10 to 11 upgrade only. Will I be able to delete pt10, install Yosemite and then install protools 11? unsure how the upgrade process works. I just know how protools can be, I don't want to end up with a shitty OS and no daw, lol. Thanks.

Looks like moving to Yosemite and buy PT11/12 Upgrade/Support Plan is the right direction, wish me luck lol.