"MP3 Battle vol.3" - Carinou Vs Mechanical Poet!

download and vote for the best track

• Carinou - "Vivid"

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Mechanical Poet - "Hermetical Orchard"

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Emi

underdog
May 10, 2002
imola - italy
code666.net
Wow ... Emi ... Wow!

MECHANICAL POET ... wow! This is some signing!
I never thought I'd hear any band that can give early Dream Theater a run for its money ... just wow!

Soulburner said:
I think Mechanical Poet are more interesting... but maybe that's because I've been listening to them for last few months and I've heard Carinou only today. :D

btw, will there be official release of "Handmade Essence" EP?
yes, we will release the "Handmade Essence" EP +/- 6 months after the debut-cd "Prattles at the Backwoods"

I'm usually not one for this classical-prog style, but this band wasn't bad. it sort of reminded me a bit of why I used to like that progressive sort of gothic metal back in the day, for its complexity and atmosphere, but also with its adherence to metal.
I read that someone compared them to Dream Theatre, this Mechanical Poet band, and I won't disagree with that, just because Dream Theatre is the only other prog metal style band that have songs that I can enjoy as well.

I read that someone compared them to Dream Theatre, this Mechanical Poet band, and I won't disagree with that, just because Dream Theatre is the only other prog metal style band that have songs that I can enjoy as well.
This is what I liked them also. While progressive, the track is easy on the ears and catchy as well. Images and Words era DT comes to mind.

There is true talent in writing a real catchy song, no matter what some bands or fans might tell you that seem to do prog for the sake of prog. Hope the rest of the tracks are gems like this and I think code has another breakout band on its hands !!!

Cheers Emi:) MP are great:) Congrats! I hope we make more and more contacts soon: a.o. Belruskoni and Putin, Rakoth with MP and Emi:))) :lol:
Maybe one day we'll meet in Moscow:))

hello Somn, it's not the best to be compared to such idiots like Berlusconi or Putin... ;)
but of course we are very happy to contribute to the rise of Russian Metal, after Rakoth and Forest Stream, we hope that Mechanical Poet will do great things....

Is the Carinou's song representative of the whole album?
Strange voice...
Mechanical Poet are talented but I'm not fan of that prog-metal style.
I'm sure both of them will be appreciated.

Unholy shit... Carinou are industrial majestic energy personified, somewhere between new Samael and Puissance - I might like them under specific circumstances and thus my voice goes to Sweden... Sorry for the Russian camp, but Mechanical Poet is really beyond my grasp... :wave:

Emi said:
hello Somn, it's not the best to be compared to such idiots like Berlusconi or Putin... ;)
but of course we are very happy to contribute to the rise of Russian Metal, after Rakoth and Forest Stream, we hope that Mechanical Poet will do great things....
:lol:
Emi I don't know about Berlusconi, but I find Putin the best guy in politics ever. I really appreciate what he's doing.
:lol: