new MP3 battle!! Mechanical Poet Vs the Soundbyte Vs Thee Maldoror Kollective!!!

download and vote for the best track

• Mechanical Poet - "Bogie in a cole-hole"

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • The Soundbyte - "Waiting"

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Thee Maldoror Kollective - "The Gospel According an Exit Solution"

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Emi

underdog
May 10, 2002
imola - italy
code666.net
it's time for another MP3 battle!:hotjump:

download and vote for the best track between:

MECHANICAL POET - "Bogie in a Cole-Hole" - rough-mix unmastered version taken from the upcoming "Woodland Prattlers" album out on Aural Music.
(Mechanical Poet are from Moscow, Russia - official website: www.mechanicalpoet.net - a friend of mine gave me the funniest description of their music calling it "Harry Potter Metal" :tickled: ... it's not that far from being correct... hehehe)

THE SOUNDBYTE - "Waiting" - taken from the upcoming "River Of Broken Glass" album out on Amaranth Recordings.
(The Soundbyte are from Norway - official website : www.thesoundbyte.com - it's the solo project of Trond Engum from cult band The Third and the Mortal)

THEE MALDOROR KOLLECTIVE - "The Gospel According an Exit Solution" - from the "A Clockwork Highway" out soon on code666.
(TMK are from italy - official website: www.themaldororkollective.net - this new album feature the collaboration with industrial Music guru Bad Sector)

Lex said:
:D I'd recommend your friend to listen to 'Stromchild' before creating such inexact descriptions.;)

hehehe... but get rid of that retro-thrash metal vocals at the beginning, otherwise my friend could describe you in even more embarassing ways... :loco:

hmm ... nothing really blew me away here. I did like the Mechanical Poet track that you had up a few months ago, but this one is a little too "Power Metal" for me. The vocals are way too up in the mix.

TMK is a good track, a little more straight forward for them, but good.

I'll pick Soundbyte ... it took some balls to craft a song around a track sounding like the soundtrack to an action movie (very James Bond).

But I am an opinionated a@@hole ... you all know that .. hehe :D

Tre gran bei pezzi!
Mi hanno impressionato i Soundbyte avanguardistici e molto retrò: una gran ficata.

Un pò meno i Mech Poet, forse un pò troppo power per i miei gusti, ma aspetto di sentirlo tutto, purtroppo Emi non sceglie mai i pezzi migliori per gli advanced. :tickled:

Ma i TMK sono una meraviglia!!!!! :loco: Che discone che sarà!!!
Pollice up per loro!

KKK ancora ti sto aspettando!!!! :hotjump:

damn that mechanical poet song is awsome, had the same sorta vibe devin townsends stuff does but sounding completely original at the same time, the other tracks where also awsome but that one just blew me away!

Tetsuo unit said:
damn that mechanical poet song is awsome, had the same sorta vibe devin townsends stuff does but sounding completely original at the same time!
I agree with you, it's weird to hear that someone call 'em "power metal".
they are not like Manowar or Iced Earth at all... sure they use "power metal" elements, like for example Aborym use Black Metal elements, but you can't compare Aborym with Dark Throne... Mechanical Poet are one of the few avantgarde, open-minded, original bands of modern melodic metal together with Pain Of Salvation, Devid Townsend and Opeth

I go for Mechanical Poet. It's not exactly my style, but was the most original and entertaining of the three. The Soundbyte seemed awkward and monotonous to me, and I liked TMK, but it sounds like they're borrowing too much from the Neurosis/Isis camp. But I want to hear more of TMK, because I think their album will be more interesting than that one track. By the way, are those fellas from Axis of perdition brainstorming new minsathropical music ideas? if theire next album is slower, I'll definitely check that. I imagine the ambience for a record like that will be quite hellish! :err: well, you know what I mean,hehe.

continue the good signings Emi.

Christopher said:
By the way, are those fellas from Axis of perdition brainstorming new minsathropical music ideas? if theire next album is slower, I'll definitely check that. I imagine the ambience for a record like that will be quite hellish! :err: well, you know what I mean,hehe.

continue the good signings Emi.

We're currently recording the guitar and drum parts for our second album, ambience and vocals will follow during the course of the autumn. And yes, it will be a lot slower and stranger than "Ichneumon". Before that comes out, though, the "Physical Illucinations" mini-album will be released, so watch out for that.

thee maldoror first i reckon, excellent spooky cinematic nuerosis vibe
already played this track to death, love it!
close second the soundbyte, excellent vibe, like if type o negative got to compose a james bond theme with john barry, I can just see this over nudie silhouette ladies with guns and slow motion fire. could also imagine beth gibbons singing on this track
mechanical poet, not really my thing, interesting from a progressive point of view

The poll is closed and the results seem pretty good for me :) Thanks to the opponents for the competition! I didn't use my voice ('clean fight' rules, huh?) but it should be The Soundbyte's in the TS/TMK duel. The last one has too many spoken parts for me. Less talk - more action is my kind of stuff.:cool: The Soundbyte are great! Excellent old sci-fi / tarantino mood (Big Boss are going to kick someone's ass! :tickled: ) Pretty ironical and really exciting music. Hope to hear their full CD.;)