MP3 Steve's Work on new Vintersorg

I appreciate the notice, but you should hear all involved. I think everyone stepped up a lot on this one. The arragements are awesome, the vocal variety and selection is above any that I've ever heard. Mattias seems like he's been practicing and getting better in leaps, but I talked to him about it and he just shrugs it off like it ain't no thing, but I noticed marked improvment (or shall I say Marklund improvment!). All the guitar work, including massive passages of acoustic and multi-layered and dual guitar lines is way more involved and intricate. The drums are amazing, bending time all over the place. The keys...man I could go on and on, almost sounds like a commercial for the album. But I'm really stoked for this one, it's selfishly indulgant, and fun! There's a lot more variety overall than the last one, and some new and interesting - sometimes a bit weird - instrumental passages. The bass is only a reflection and an addition to what already existed there. But I think even the casual listener will notice inspired playing and introspective creativity. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do.

The last I talked to the Quo Vadis guys, they still had some recording work to do. Some new and cool ideas Bart has to pull together. It takes time, so I don't know if anything is ready for website clips. I'm interested to hear that too. It's been quite a few weeks since I recorded my parts and haven't really heard any of that since. I just remember it's some really fucking intense complex stuff. It'll be one of, if not THE craziest music of 2004.

SDG

whoa just heard the clip for new vintersor
sounds great, last six seconds sounded awesome, blast beats!
cover is also looking great, can't wait for febuary now :p

wow, nice!

VSorg sounds a lot better too! I love the little dropdowns to totally different music. Wow, this is quite hypnotizing (listening to it now). I can even hear some Pink Floyd in it, hehe. but the little guitar fill in the first part of the preview sounds like... Death... hahah. nothing wrong with that though

Most definately, I can't wait for it either! Daniel Mongrain from Martyr (#1 band in Canada) is playing on it isn't he? Did you get to meet him at all Steve? Got to talk with them when they played here in Halifax last year, very talented, and seemed quite humble to hang with.

Quo Vadis has always been so catchy, I think they lack a little variety and maybe some quality bassing.. Seems like they've got everything taken care of now.

HippieOfDoom said:
I appreciate the notice, but you should hear all involved. I think everyone stepped up a lot on this one. The arragements are awesome, the vocal variety and selection is above any that I've ever heard. Mattias seems like he's been practicing and getting better in leaps, but I talked to him about it and he just shrugs it off like it ain't no thing, but I noticed marked improvment (or shall I say Marklund improvment!). All the guitar work, including massive passages of acoustic and multi-layered and dual guitar lines is way more involved and intricate. The drums are amazing, bending time all over the place. The keys...man I could go on and on, almost sounds like a commercial for the album. But I'm really stoked for this one, it's selfishly indulgant, and fun! There's a lot more variety overall than the last one, and some new and interesting - sometimes a bit weird - instrumental passages. The bass is only a reflection and an addition to what already existed there. But I think even the casual listener will notice inspired playing and introspective creativity. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do.

The last I talked to the Quo Vadis guys, they still had some recording work to do. Some new and cool ideas Bart has to pull together. It takes time, so I don't know if anything is ready for website clips. I'm interested to hear that too. It's been quite a few weeks since I recorded my parts and haven't really heard any of that since. I just remember it's some really fucking intense complex stuff. It'll be one of, if not THE craziest music of 2004.

SDG

Bonjournaste said:
Most definately, I can't wait for it either! Daniel Mongrain from Martyr (#1 band in Canada) is playing on it isn't he? Did you get to meet him at all Steve? Got to talk with them when they played here in Halifax last year, very talented, and seemed quite humble to hang with.

Quo Vadis has always been so catchy, I think they lack a little variety and maybe some quality bassing.. Seems like they've got everything taken care of now.

That's exactly my opinion on Quo Vadis... I've always thought there was a little something missing in their songs. Hopefully, Steve gonna rock this album. And if you're statement on Daniel Mongrain is true then it's gonna be a masterpiece (if he was involved in the writing process at all..)!!

Martyr is such an experience... http://www.martyr-canada.com

I never heard of them (Quo Vadis) until this post and didn't know Steve was gonna be on the next album, so I burrowed a Cd and damn their good...Steve added to the mix, I think it may be one of the best overall Metal CD's in a long time.

Agreed!

Should be interesting to hear Steve's style with QuoVadis/Martyr style..

I'm suprised they didn't get Francois from Martyr, because he is a crazy bass player, and Daniel's brother.. Probably want to make sure the two bands don't overlap too much.. Plus the fretless should be interesting.

DeathDenied said:
I never heard of them (Quo Vadis) until this post and didn't know Steve was gonna be on the next album, so I burrowed a Cd and damn their good...Steve added to the mix, I think it may be one of the best overall Metal CD's in a long time.