MP3's of the ONLY recorded cover songs by ND.

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
You asked for them...

'Revelation (Mother Earth)' was recorded for an Ozzy Osbourne Tribute CD, "Legend of a Madman... A Tribute". We were asked last minute to do this song, and the funny thing was, no one in the band at the time was a big enough Ozzy fan to know the song, so we bought the CD, rehearsed the song and recorded it all in less then 7 days. It's by far not our best recording, but the version came out "OK". It was good for a laugh or two.

'She' by Kiss was more of a one off, joke sort of thing. We played live on a radio station for an hour set, and 'She' was the 12th and last song we played. Again, we decided just days before going in to p lay live we would do this song, so this version is raw, and totally live, so you hear every mistake, but I think it adds to the song. It was funy as hell doing it, and it actually came out pretty heavy.

Are they awful? Sure they are! Do we care? Hell no!

Download at will... You've been warned.

http://www.novembersdoom.com/sound/revelation.mp3

http://www.novembersdoom.com/sound/she.mp3

Damnit, my onboard audio died so I can't listen to mp3's now :(
At least I'll have a copy of For Every Leaf That Falls soon!

Steve

stamate_filip said:
I heard the songs and they are great!!!
Both are great but I like more the Ozzy cover.
I haven't listened the original songs, but still I think you did a fantastic job with them. :)

Thanks. The Ozzy cover was recorded in a professional studio, where the song 'She' was one take, live on the spot, with mistyakes and all, so the Ozzy song is much better sounding. Both are for fun, and not to be taken too seriously (as our drummer Joe sometimes does). Joe loves his cover songs.

Demonspell said:
I liked the cover of Revelation, although the vocals are obviously the work of someone with no particular reverence towards Ozzy... :)

haha! I never heard the song before until we listened to it for the recording. I have learned to like his material more these days, but I know the vocals are NOTHING like his on the song. I'm kinda glad its a bit different though. We made it more "ours" this way. haha