MP3's

Tyra said:
This is a good point. Anyone tried getting their hands on OSFGH lately? You can't, unless you download it.
Actually, Fame Music in Amsterdam still has a copy. Remind me to head to Amsterdam this Friday and pick it up.

I've been buying more and more CDs lately, in part because now I can actually afford it. Trying to get my hands on all Amon Amarth CDs at least, thus far I've bought The Avenger, The Crusher and Versus The World. Friday as said I'll be getting OSFTGH, for some reason however I can't get my hands on Fate Of Norns, it's always sold out wherever I go.

for a print of Sorrow Throughout the Nine worlds its best to go on Ebay. thats how i got mine. you'll get it for around 35 euros (=dollars) or less if you're lucky.
what i did was lurk ebay for a month and finnally found a copy.. then i stayed in front of my computer waiting for the last seconds to bid. thats the only way you'll get it and other crazy fucks do the same thing so you gotta be really quick and vigilant. ;)

i doubt STTNW will be re printed.

Online music sharing has really broadened my scope of music. If it weren't for the fact that I could find out names of many bands that sounded interesting and hear them instantly I probably would have ended up listening to gay Slipknot all my life or something.

So the fact that I was influenced by online sharing means that my CD purchases were influenced as well. I'm lucky in that I have a really good music store near me that caters mostly to metalheads. Once I found this store I basically swing over there and see what random stuff they got in, go back home and sample it online, then go back and buy it if I like it.

I've always wanted a job there but they are never hiring. But I'm going there today to pick up Wrath of the Norsemen as well :headbang: :headbang:

/edit: Oyeah it's also the only store even remotely close to me that has events with bands like signings and on occasion maybe even a small show.

L33ch said:
Actually, Fame Music in Amsterdam still has a copy. Remind me to head to Amsterdam this Friday and pick it up.

I've been buying more and more CDs lately, in part because now I can actually afford it. Trying to get my hands on all Amon Amarth CDs at least, thus far I've bought The Avenger, The Crusher and Versus The World. Friday as said I'll be getting OSFTGH, for some reason however I can't get my hands on Fate Of Norns, it's always sold out wherever I go.

koop het gewoon bij www.large.nl! osftgh is daar 6 euro, en fate of norns slechst een tientje.. ben je waarschijnlijk stukken goedkoper uit!

I buy all my music. For me, having a CD in my hand, the right cover art, and everything that goes with it is all part of the package.

After I buy the music, I will rip MP3s on to my computer as a sort of repository. I'm not one to just download music, unless it's a new band I'm checking out and they have it available for download themselves.

Mp3s you can download off a Homepage of a Band are a good idea for me. I do that when I read about an interseting band or hear of an interesting band to get to know the sound of the band!
When I like what I hear I always buy the original Album. I think thats the best way to get the musik and even informations of a band and when you are getting special editions of the albums you always get something that is hard to find anywhere else.
When I get the Albums I do burn my own copy and listen only to the copy. Because if the copy gets any damage you can always copy the original and you´ll have an hole new cd!

Celtik Militia said:
for a print of Sorrow Throughout the Nine worlds its best to go on Ebay. thats how i got mine. you'll get it for around 35 euros (=dollars) or less if you're lucky.
what i did was lurk ebay for a month and finnally found a copy.. then i stayed in front of my computer waiting for the last seconds to bid. thats the only way you'll get it and other crazy fucks do the same thing so you gotta be really quick and vigilant. ;)

i doubt STTNW will be re printed.
I suppose a good connection would help too.;)