Mr. Crowly

Randy Rhoads = The absolute most overrated guitarist in history

If Yngwie Malmsteen died in that car crash a few years back, he would be in the same legendary leauge as Rhoads, instead of the laughing stock he is now.

Originally posted by Brooks
Randy Rhoads = The absolute most overrated guitarist in history

If Yngwie Malmsteen died in that car crash a few years back, he would be in the same legendary leauge as Rhoads, instead of the laughing stock he is now.

Rhoads died in a plane crash. Yngwie is not a laughing stock in my book, and Randy Rhoads ruled. Nuff said.

DavE

I am third to back up that claim.

While I don't like anything Yngwie has done of late, he is a force to be recoked with, that's for sure.

Randy most overraterd? Perhaps for the average 16-year-old who has Slipknot on the brain.

Now, here's overrated:

Korn
Limp Biskit
Slipknot
System of a Down
Nickelback
Staind

This is overrated crap tenfold, but that's only my opinion.

Randy Rhoads overrated...goddamn, that's lame!

Yes, 20-years ago the great RR was stolen...much love to the fallen comrade!!

Now, here's overrated: Now, here's overrated:

Korn
Limp Biskit
Slipknot
System of a Down
Nickelback
Staind

This is overrated crap tenfold, but that's only my opinion

I agree with every band on that list being crap....except for System. I can't allow system bashing without saying something. Now, i hate nu metal with a passion, but System is different. They have a very unique sound, that i think is quite good. Now i'm not saying they're the mosted talented band out there, but they're fun to listen to, and funny too.

Yngwie is a pioneer in guitar playing.I know he hasnt done anything innovative the last 15 years,but he has done is enough to make him a guitar legend,which he is.and he's still alive.I also like few of his songs,but we're talking guitar here..and yes i like system of a down too,they're not my fave band but they shouldn't be mistaken for crap like korn..they do have something to say,whether you like it or not,and i like some of their songs,like spiders,toxicity and chop suey

Originally posted by QuothTheRaven

I agree with every band on that list being crap....except for System. I can't allow system bashing without saying something. Now, i hate nu metal with a passion, but System is different. They have a very unique sound, that i think is quite good. Now i'm not saying they're the mosted talented band out there, but they're fun to listen to, and funny too.

Okay, not my cup of booze, but I'll give ya System without debate, Raven.

The rest need to die violent, premeditated deaths!!

Originally posted by QuothTheRaven

My thoughts exactly.

And kirk hammett is so over rated. the older stuff doesn't apply as much in my book. but now its trash. how about that solo in I Disappear!!?!? Yah! That's talent baby!!!
As for Yngwie, i haven't heard much of him, but Randy Rhoads is good. Why do so many good guys have to die. Why couldn't Lars have died instead of Cliff? Why couldn't Fred Durst have died instead of Chuck? That's the way the cookie crumbles I suppose. I hope Chuck makes Guitar World cover at some point.