Mr Toast's guide to Salt Lake (oh, the humanity!)

Tarkus said:
I'm a little late on this thread, but here's my perspective...

Being raised LDS and being surrounded by friends and family that are practicing Mormons. I think I might have a different take on this whole thing. Yes, I drink, smoke, had the long hair, earings, and consider myself somewhat agnostic. I haven't felt persecuted or looked down upon by most the people I run into. Sure, there are the uptight types, but you just take it with a grain of salt (we got plenty). :)

Marc

PS. Looking forward to the show! \m/\m/
Marc...what's your opinion? Perform "THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST" or just scratch it?

And more importantly...am I going to be able to get a cup of coffee in the city?
:hotjump:

Bruce Chickinson said:
Marc...what's your opinion? Perform "THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST" or just scratch it?

And more importantly...am I going to be able to get a cup of coffee in the city?

OK, that made me laugh! Just so you know, coffee should not present a problem, and I am almost positive that Maiden did that song on the Piece Of Mind tour at the Salt Palace, so I think you are safe...
:D

Bruce Chickinson said:

I'm with Mr. Toast on this one.(as well as getting a chuckle!)... you'll be fine playing that song, in fact, with all the Maiden fans that are coming, I honestly think people will be disapointed if Number Of The Beast isn't included in the set list!:D

As far as coffee? it's very plentiful here, just like anywhere else in the U S of A, but I wouldn't count on getting any at Temple Square :lol: in fact, the Best coffee house in Utah is only 5 blocks from our studio! www.badasscoffee.com/ And pretty damn close to our buddy Marc the Tark! :wave:

\m/
Dustin

Bruce Chickinson said:

Please play it. I promise you won't be run out of town by a mob brandishing torches and pitchforks. :D

Tarkus said:
Please play it. I promise you won't be run out of town by a mob brandishing torches and pitchforks. :D

PLAY WHATEVER THE F*CK YOU WANT! You have been hired to travel to Utah, miss work, abandon your families and loved ones for a weekend to entertain and wake those MF's up! Self censorship is a BIG NO-NO! And bring your own coffee just in case!

BTW: I belong to the Church of Cornholio....so F all of you who think you have a legitimate "religion"! Religion is the root of all evil! ;)

drumslut said:
PLAY WHATEVER THE F*CK YOU WANT! You have been hired to travel to Utah, miss work, abandon your families and loved ones for a weekend to entertain and wake those MF's up! Self censorship is a BIG NO-NO! And bring your own coffee just in case!

BTW: I belong to the Church of Cornholio....so F all of you who think you have a legitimate "religion"! Religion is the root of all evil! ;)

All kidding aside (and I WAS kidding), hope all of the Maidens have a safe trip and a great time. I think the Atomic Punks are also playing somewhere in Salt Lake City this weekend.