Much Music's "loud"

I like loud a little better then Rock Show (well a lot better now that Scott no longer hosts it). Loud tends to show fewer butt-rock glam bands then the Rock Show.

Celine Dion and Bryan Adams notwhithstanding, how can our "friends" to the north ever be forgiven for,

"Loverboy"?

People, countrymen, fellow lovers of music, is this not enough? What did the USA ever do to Canada to deserve this?

Nothing my friends! Because nothing could ever justify there lame-o brand of headband wearing, spandex trash that polluted the world in the 80's! If ever there was a cause to go to war with our neighbor's to the north--this is IT!

To be fair, to Canada, they do have some rockin' strip clubs!

But, please for the love of God and all things good and decent, kill Loverboy!

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Originally posted by vomit
People, countrymen, fellow lovers of music, is this not enough? What did the USA ever do to Canada to deserve this?
Where do I start? :lol: I know I'm grossly outnumbered here, so I don't want to be responsable for starting a war here, but I think that it's safe to say that for every lousy Canadian band, there are a thousand lousy American bands, and Canada ends up hearing a lot more of the American crap than the U.S. hears of the Canadian crap. I think I'd like to renegotiate our "free trade" agreement. :lol:

A silly aside about Bryan Adams...he's basically been disowned by the powers that be in Canada because he uses a British producer, therefore, he does not count as "Canadian Content", which radio and TV stations have to devote a certain percentage of their programming day to. In other words, we've stopped apologizing for Bryan Adams and have disowned him, so we are no longer responsable for the music he inflicts. :lol:

Every time I see or hear about Loverboy (usually on a VH1 Where Are They Now or some other 80s crap), I think of Beavis spitting his soda all over the screen when they came on...I'm with vomit, Loverboy is worse than Celine and Bryan Adams combined. I can't slam Canada too much, I just found out my friend's boyfriend's band is signed to a Canadian label. :)

My friend left his WEEZER-Green album here. In the jewel case he had a Loverboy CD!
I put it in my Xbox and now I play Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x to "Working for the Weekend". It rules!!
:)

This LOUD show is pretty good.
They didn't reinvent the wheel.
Like the guy on there says(you've got to see this dude, looks like Cain's little bastard brother) any metal show is good for the genre. I'd say about 98% of the stuff on there you would not see on VH-1's Rockshow, nor on the old MTV X channel...
:ROCK:
SIXXSWINE

Originally posted by Bodylouseuk
Whats the best city or region to visit? I'm in a holiday frame of mind;)
The country is very spread out, so it really depends on your interests. I'd highly recommend Banff and the Rockies, it's beautiful pretty much any time of year with a real small town charm (...although tends to get overrun with Japanese tourists). The west coast (ie. Vancouver and Victoria) is always a great place to visit, although there tands to be a lot of rain. Avoid the priaries unless your idea of entertainment is drinking, drinking, and more drinking, and then maybe getting into some fights with rednecks...Calgary and Edmonton are nice to visit in the summer, but cold desolate wastelands any other time of year. Southern Ontario has lots to offer, from good camping in Algonquin to the cosmopolitain Toronto, to wine country and Niagra Falls. Montreal has some of the best night life, and I hear Quebec City is very pretty with lots of old architecture, though I've never been there myself. The Maritimes are also very scenic in the summer, again with a lot of small town charms.

As for Loverboy, I still refuse to apologize for their music, as I've yet to hear any apologies for New Kids on the Block and every boy-band that has ever followed them. :lol:

Terrance and Phillip is the best thing that comes from Canada... anyway, isn´t their entire economy based on them? :) :)

Well as for me I think the gayest pop rock bands ever come from my country... you´re too glad you never heard it.