multi pre buying time

joeymusicguy

Sep 21, 2006
indiana
www.myspace.com
i need a pre to hook up lots of unimportant tracks (toms, triggers)

i have a digi 192 i/o with 16 analog ins (8 taken up with high end pre's right now)

what do you guys suggest i do? should i go with a digital pre digital into 192?

suggestions? i would prefer 8 channels

well i have SOME standards here, guys

i mean i expect to spend at least a grand

i dont want something shitty, but im not trying to hook up triggers to a buntch of api's

in other words, i wanna be able to use the tracks if i need to.

I'm not a big presonus fan, but I have used the digimax lt and it is definitely usable - nothing spectacular but it will get the job done, especially for unimportant tracks.

ps - you forgot to respond to my PM. (lol)

[UEAK]Clowd;9005437 said:
I'm not a big presonus fan, but I have used the digimax lt and it is definitely usable - nothing spectacular but it will get the job done, especially for unimportant tracks.

ps - you forgot to respond to my PM. (lol)

getting to it. five days late om a release and my hours are filled with :

getting the right gear to record my major label release debut in a few weeks
making back tracks for bands on tour RIGHT NOW
turning in this master that's late (mixing the last 3 songs RIGHT NOW, due in the morning)
recording a plea for purging
and mixing a cover song for fearless compilation

i want to check it out and get back with you but im busy as fart right now haha. so it'll be a week or two

I would recommend the Digimax FS. It really isn't bad at all, and has a ton of options on it. Decent pres, decent converters, and each channel has an insert point. Also has balanced outs, which can be sent to whatever.

Well worth the money. Mine has worked flawless so far.

I've done several shootouts agains the RME preamps...the Focusrite came out on top every single time (there should be one or two of those tests floating about on this board as well)