multi pre buying time

getting to it. five days late om a release and my hours are filled with :

getting the right gear to record my major label release debut in a few weeks
making back tracks for bands on tour RIGHT NOW
turning in this master that's late (mixing the last 3 songs RIGHT NOW, due in the morning)
recording a plea for purging
and mixing a cover song for fearless compilation

i want to check it out and get back with you but im busy as fart right now haha. so it'll be a week or two

haha word I definitely know how it is, I bite off more than I can chew way too often. good luck.

well i have SOME standards here, guys

i mean i expect to spend at least a grand

i dont want something shitty, but im not trying to hook up triggers to a buntch of api's

in other words, i wanna be able to use the tracks if i need to.

Hey Joey,

you sould really consider the Behringer ada8000. It has been compared to an Aurora...there is even a thread on Gearslutz where they a/b them. Plus, BLA offers a modification where they make the world clock way better.

i know, i know, its behringer, but you can always do some custom painting on the face plate later to customize it.

Hey Joey,

you sould really consider the Behringer ada8000. It has been compared to an Aurora...there is even a thread on Gearslutz where they a/b them. Plus, BLA offers a modification where they make the world clock way better.

i know, i know, its behringer, but you can always do some custom painting on the face plate later to customize it.

The conversion is apparently decent on them but the actual preamps are useless, so for trigger tracks they are cool but if he's micing up toms it's probably a bad call...

I have the Octopre as well, don't mind it. Wish it had pads or that the preamps at least started at 0db instead of like +12db because pretty much everything that isn't vocals clips even with the preamps turned all the way off.

[UEAK]Clowd;9005437 said:
I'm not a big presonus fan, but I have used the digimax lt and it is definitely usable - nothing spectacular but it will get the job done, especially for unimportant tracks.

I use a Digimax LT for the same purpose and have zero complaints about it. They're not plastic like most of the Presonus stuff...they've got a meaty power transformer, aluminum knobs and faceplate and are made in the US.

I use a Digimax LT for the same purpose and have zero complaints about it. They're not plastic like most of the Presonus stuff...they've got a meaty power transformer, aluminum knobs and faceplate and are made in the US.

yeah - I really think this is the tool for this job, it's pretty cheap so you could use the saved money on something more important.

The conversion is apparently decent on them but the actual preamps are useless, so for trigger tracks they are cool but if he's micing up toms it's probably a bad call...

I have the Octopre as well, don't mind it. Wish it had pads or that the preamps at least started at 0db instead of like +12db because pretty much everything that isn't vocals clips even with the preamps turned all the way off.

The MkII that they have up on Sweetwater has pads