Multi-tracked Drum Samples

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
If people are willing to upload their drum-samples as multi-track files, rather than just a stereo-mix, I can turn them into BFD2 sample-packs and upload them for everyone here. :kickass:

It's doable now, with the stereo files. But if people want to process them, you'll be processing the room sound also - if we can get multi-tracked files, where we get access to each microphone, we'd get much more control over the sound.

I don't get the impression that there are that many BFD2 users here, but this would be good practice for other drum-sample products that allow importing your own custom ones, also.

How Do Make Custom BFD2 Multitrack Setups?
¯\(°_o)/¯

I would love to do that but I am currently in mixing mode.....

How Do Make Custom BFD2 Multitrack Setups?
¯(°_o)/¯

I would love to do that but I am currently in mixing mode.....

the absolute EASIEST way of doing it, is by making multiple kitpieces. Use the import function to make your own kitpiece. Use your direct microphone samples for one kitpiece, your overhead LEFT for another kitpiece, RIGHT for another etc...

So basically, four or five kitpieces would equals one drum - kick, snare, tom, whatever. You'd then link them all together, so that when you trigger the direct kitpiece, all the others trigger too.

One benefit to this is that you could mix and match different direct microphones with other ambient microphones on other kitpieces; creating your own ultimate kitpiece sound.

ie: take the overhead sound of a ludwig snare, and mix it with the direct sound of a tama snare.