SignalsAudio JayMac Drum Samples

Signals

Apr 5, 2011
jaymac.jpg

Hello!

I just created a package of high quality drum samples in .TCI and .GOG formats. They cost $6. They are lightly pre-processed (minor EQ'ing only). You will probably want to add your own reverbs/fx.

Here's a quick audio demo:

http://www.signalsaudio.com/Products/JayMac_Unprocessed_Demo.mp3

NEW AUDIO DEMO from TaylorG (with additional processing on the samples)

http://www.signalsaudio.com/Products/JayMac_TaylorG_Southern_Demo.mp3

And some quick info:

JayMac Drum Samples 1.0
  • Drumagog and Trigger compatible (.GOG and .TCI files included)
  • Microphones mapped seperately (adjust level of direct/OH/Room mics in Drumagog or Trigger)
  • Includes raw sample recordings for re-processing.
  • Samples performed by Jay McDonald of For the Weekend fame
  • 24 bit 44.1 khz
  • Recorded in a treated live room on great gear.
  • 25 samples per drum (5 velocities with 5 hits each)
  • Manual

Drums Sampled:
  • Casey Drums Custom Maple 18 x 16 Floor Tom
  • Casey Drums Custom Maple 12 x 8 Rack Tom
  • Casey Drums Custom Maple 24 x 18 Kick
  • Dunnett TourBillion Titanium Snare 16 x 4.5 (Regular, Rim shot, Rim and Cross Stick samples)
  • Sabian Paragon Ride (22”) (Bow and Bell Samples)
  • Sabian HHX Evolution Hi-Hats (14”) (Closed, half, open, floot closed and foot splash samples)
  • Sabian AAX X-Plosion Crash (18”)
  • Zildjian A Custom Projection Crash (17”)

Get them here.

I'll post more examples of projects using the samples shortly. I'd also love to hear what you guys make with them.

Cheers,

Signals

clip sounds great man really like the toms! thinking about picking these up in a bit I do have a quick question though are the raw files bounced to single wav files or are wav files provided for each mic (for example separate waves for the overheads snare top and snare bottom mics)?

clip sounds great man really like the toms! thinking about picking these up in a bit I do have a quick question though are the raw files bounced to single wav files or are wav files provided for each mic (for example separate waves for the overheads snare top and snare bottom mics)?

For each mic. For example a tom has top, bottom, OHs in a stereo file (panned hard left/right), and rooms in a stereo file (panned hard left hard right).

Hey man I bought these samples, I like them a lot. I am going to be using them for sample replacing the drums in my bands EP that I am working on now. It is going to be a mixture of samples from Slate Trigger, 006 pack, your pack + anything else I can get my hands on as I don't want to limit myself. I really do like these samples even on their own though and they are a great value for 6 bucks !!!

Drums sound good in the solo clip, snare is a little bright here and panned to the left. They do sound quite fake though.

However, killer riffs in that, I'd love to hear the final product!

That's just an excerpt from a local band I'm recording. Usually I blend samples in with real drums to help with realism, but that didn't seem like a good idea for an example, haha. In hindsight I probably should've used a band that has bass guitar already recorded too haha.

And I've heard from a few people they work really well with Slate. Probably because it adds some natural dynamics back to Slate's larger-than-life sounds. Best of both worlds I guess! I still have to try it myself.

I did another test with the stems that NSGUITAR posted, this time mixed in heavily with Slate stuffs :

Balls

HOLY FUCK :OMG: That sounds really goddamn good.

I got it a couple hours ago, not had chance to use it yet (and it took like an hour to download :p) but massive love to you guys for such a large quantity of options for such a low price, this is brilliant :D

Never enough samples... i'm buying those... toms sound nice! 2bad is only a rack tom and a floor :'(

Pitching samples isn't always good... if you know another way - do tell! :|

It was a loaded reply mate, I got nothing.

I usually only deal with two toms, and if I've got a third, then I just use another sample.
I mix many samples together regardless.

I'd pitch the highest one down instead of the lowest one up, if I had to create a third tom. Maybe pitch the highest one down and the lowest one up and create some kind of frakenstein middle tom hahah. I would've loved to have done 3, but JayMac's kit only has two.