Mum: Finally We are No One

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
I happened upon this truly unique band a few weeks ago, and they pulled me into a state of musical bliss I havent had in a while. I suppose they can be described as being a cross between Bjork and Aphex Twin, but being from Iceland they seem to have made their unique electronica quite similar in emotion to Sigur Ros. I think fans of anyof the aforementioned bands would like them, even fans of Explosions in the Sky or GBYE should appreciate them.

Sounds good, have any links or mp3s so my lazy ass doesn't have to Google them shitz? :D

They're good. Finally We are No One is good but I was rather disappointed with Summer Make Good and Yesterday Was Dramatic....

Ifurin said:
They're good. Finally We are No One is good but I was rather disappointed with Summer Make Good and Yesterday Was Dramatic....

Exactly, their latest effort "Summer Make Good" seemed a little too "calculatingly" far off to nail the right feelings. The album you're referring too, though, deserves a place at the right side of "Agaetys Birjun". The creepy (at times childlike) vocals of the twins give this music a unique visage as well. If I'm right, the album was recorded in a lighthouse away from civilization, and with good headphones you can spot details like the floor creaking and the sound of the waves.