[Music Business - Get in here!] What would think about a guy that...

Yeah, the bands are local. Some of them I've known for years. Some guys on his roaster might be "hired" but I think I can spot those.

Sorry if this thread bugs you ubersyntax but I haven't been asking for opinions in my latest posts anymore. Just posting updates on how the situation is developing to keep myself and you guys entertained. Still getting responses so I guess there are people out there who find this just as funny as I do. ;)

Don't get me wrong man, I think this guy is totally full of shit and this is hilarious. And this thread doesn't bother me at all. Sorry if my post came across that way. I was just concerned, as others probably were, that you were actually going to trust this guy. We just don't want to see you get screwed over.

Thanks!
I'm not an idiot and I know how to watch my back so I'm not worried about getting screwed anyway.

I'm really just keeping this alive for the fun of it. As more and more facts emerge I think this makes for a cool Music Business Story to tell whoever might be willing to listen.

Thanks!
I'm not an idiot and I know how to watch my back so I'm not worried about getting screwed anyway.

I'm really just keeping this alive for the fun of it. As more and more facts emerge I think this makes for a cool Music Business Story to tell whoever might be willing to listen.
Im studying Music Management and Sound.

Hey, my band got also some "interesting" offers pretty similar like this...

In most cases the offerers wan't to "manage" us and they just needed a little bit of money to get her first expenses done.

Obviously this is the cheapest shitty way to fuck bands up.
Of course the finacial part was exposed after some mails...

Be careful!

I just realized I forgot to mention that this guy said he was friends with Iron Maiden. Can someone please call Bruce or Steve to confirm that? :lol:

I got word from most of the bands by now. Almost all of them said that they had just started working with him so they couldn't really comment on the quality of his work. However one completely shite band told me a story, that this guy applied to 60 festivals for them. For each application he charged 5 EUR for postage and stuff. So they ended up giving him 300 EUR. However the band didn't mind paying the money because apparantly they (or the manager dude for that matter...) are asking 2.000 EUR per gig. :lol: None of the songs on their MySpace has more than 1.000 plays (in fact it's more like ~300 and those songs have been up there for a looooong time!) and they haven't played ANY cool show that I'd have heard of and I'd say I really know what's going on in and around my city concert-wise.

I'm busting my ass right now to work out that scam to get some money out of him instead of the other way round. ;)

It's roster, not roaster.

Was that his typo, or yours?

if it was his - then stay the fuck away.