Music DVDs

Furious B said:
Does anyone have Satyricon - Roadkill Extravaganza? I've wanted to get that for quite some time, but I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. What's the deal with it?

I have it. You basically get to follow the band on their tour with Pantera through Europe. You know, watch the drunkenness, some of the sites, a few songs, some interviews, etc... Some real funny stuff, but in the end, not really interesting, unless you're a die-hard fan.

<<only heard of the neal jack and me one yesterday....
need to get hold of that...now!

spent about 2 hrs last night on robert fripps sites... >>

I have it, it's a reissue of two concert vids by the 80s lineup, as your searching has probably already informed you. The performances are great, but the Tokyo half is marred by some cheesy effects from the early years of music video.

Dark Tranquillity - Live Damage
Black Sabbath - Music Laden Live

Chromatose said:
King Crimson - Eyes Wide Open
King Crimson - Neal and Jack and Me

I have a hard time saying which is better, but they're both amazing.
Have you seen Deja Vrooom? Excellent shit, probably the best camera angles I've ever seen on a live performance. Eyes Wide Open definitely captures their spirit more though, foolish me hasn't even watched the whole thing yet.
dill said:
I really like my Nine Inch Nails DVD... okay, I'll get my coat.
Closure is EXCELLENT. My VHS copy of course. :dopey:
unhinged said:
I have the primus 'animals shouldn't try to act like people' one, its class, not live but amazing to have all those old vids'
I think Wynona is probably the coolest video ever made. :cool:
Chromatose said:
Have you seen the Hallucinogenics Tour DVD? Amazing set, great sound, though the video leaves something to be desired however, a bit bland in that department.
When they reunited with Herb I saw them on back to back performances for the Cheese tour (at the best club ever, The Wiltern in LA), so didn't think I needed to see the Frizzle Fry tour as well, and didn't go. Saw the DVD, realized the mistake I made. D'oh well!

Salival has all the Tool videos through ÆNIMA, and as such, is freakin' stellar.

Nirvana - With the Lights Out boxset DVD is really nifty, has a bunch of old recordings. But I've watched like 90 Nirvana bootlegs/documentaries this year, and pretty much all of them are nothing short of incredible. So sorry I never saw them live, funny that I wasn't much into them anymore when Kurt died. EDIT: not really true, but I think this past year I've become more of a Nirvana fan than ever before, even though they really got me back into rock n' roll in 1991 after a few years of rap.

There's some Kyuss bootleg my friend has, it was some big festival performance but GOD DAMN am I sorry I didn't get into them until well after they broke up.

Watched a Doors bootleg awhile ago, I think from 67 or 68. That band was quite possibly perfect. I could not believe the impeccable timing of the four of those magicians. Awesome stuff.

I thought the band loosened up after the first four or five songs, but before that, it seemed like they were very aware that the cameras were there. I haven't even bothered to check out the bonus shows yet...

Chromatose said:
King Crimson - Eyes Wide Open
King Crimson - Neal and Jack and Me

I have a hard time saying which is better, but they're both amazing.

just ordered neal + jack and me
can't wait

saw rush in rio for £8 in a shop yesterday
went to get it today and the cunt had gone ....bah !!!! :erk:

ok ... SIX FEET UNDER - Live with Full Force

surprisingly a great fuckign set and the crowd just eats this shit up ... this band comes across great live ... great headbanging stuff when drunk. enormous pits !!!

Crimson Velvet said:
Worst crowd ever. :yuk:

No kidding. I've got a feeling that the management told the crowd not to mosh, stagedive or something to screw up the show.