Music DVD's

Morticia

Witchy Woman
May 31, 2001
West Auckland, NZ
Visit site
He he he - watched Tommy (The Who) on DVD the other night - I really think you need to be on some serious drugs to enjoy that one... I love Roger Daltrey!

Anyone got any suggestions for any other good DVD's to watch.... also watched KISS (extreme closeup and another one in one DVD) and Meatloaf (Hits out of Hell).

Dream Theater -Live scenes from NY

This is like.... the coolest thing I have ever seen!
It rocks. The band is shit hot, and there is enough material here to last you a good 4 hours!

Deep Purple - Total Abandon (shot in Melbourne) is also one of my favorites. Full concert plus over an hour of documentary and stuff.

Joe Satriani - Live in San Fran Cisco. This is cool because it is Satch, and Satch is cool....... expecially when he wears his sunnies indoors! :)

G3 - Also cool cause it has Satch and his sunnies, as well as Steve Vai with his puffy shirt (But I don't wanna be a pirate)

Deep Purple - Live at the Royal Albert Hall is a goodun cause it features the London Symphony Orchestra rockin along with Purple..... as well as Ronnie James Dio.... this is cool.

Sarah Mclachlan's one (can't remember the name...) is absolutely stellar :D

U2's latest one (god I'm shit at titles)

Metallica's S&M is very very good also.

No no.. it's ok. The London Symphony Orchestra rule! :D Only recording with a second-rate orchestra such as that found in San Francisco would make for a sell-outable undertaking.
The distinction is quite straight forward - Metallica is gay.

Well technically....... Deep Purple toured with many orchestra's in 99/00 with the concerto tour. I think they mainly toured with the Russian Sympphony Orchestra.
I accept this though, because they did pioneer the fusion of Rock and Classical music all the way back in 1969 when they first played Jon Lord's concerto with the LSO at the albert hall.

Also.... it is not as if Purple just grabbed the orchestra and told them to play along to their songs..... Jon Lord actually wrote a 3 movment concerto that incorporated the orchestra as much as the band......
In conclusion....... Purple rule!

Originally posted by Sydo
No no.. it's ok. The London Symphony Orchestra rule! :D Only recording with a second-rate orchestra such as that found in San Francisco would make for a sell-outable undertaking.
The distinction is quite straight forward - Metallica is gay

I'm still giggling.....

Queensryche - Operation Livecrime.
Absolutely brilliant.

And I WANT that Dream Theater DVD...

Joe, is the LiveCrime DVD out on Region 4? I wouldn't mind seeing it, but since I forked over $40+ for the CD, I'm reluctant to buy the same thing twice.

Chrissy, try Alice Cooper's Prime Cuts. It's a two DVD set full of video clips and so forth. I'm too poor to afford it at the moment though!

W

I got the Fear Factory "Digital Connectivity" DVD today. Has quite alot on it for a music DVD (video clips, live footage, some doco type footage, detailed discography, tons of photos, bios, rare audio tracks, and more that I can't remember). Great value if you are a fan. :)

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
I got the Fear Factory "Digital Connectivity" DVD today. Has quite alot on it for a music DVD (video clips, live footage, some doco type footage, detailed discography, tons of photos, bios, rare audio tracks, and more that I can't remember). Great value if you are a fan. :)

Ive got that too, its great! How badly off key was Burton on the first live song though! :lol:

Originally posted by Wrathchild
Joe, is the LiveCrime DVD out on Region 4? I wouldn't mind seeing it, but since I forked over $40+ for the CD, I'm reluctant to buy the same thing twice.

W

Sorry Wrathy - it's just Region 1 at the moment. Not even sure if they're thinking about a Region 4...

I bought my multi-zone DVD player specifically for Livecrime.

I got the CD off eBay about a year ago, and thought it was great...
...until I got the DVD.

Buy it twice. It's worth it.

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg

Hey Spawny, why doesn't it say u are browsing the forum, when u clearly are? :p

Because I dont want everyone to think im a loser who spends his whole life on message boards ;)