Music in different languages

the_joy_of_grief

weak light
Jan 23, 2002
Paramaribo
www.escapetheday.tk
I was just wondering if you knew some (new?) rock/metal or whatever music in languages other than English.

Here are some recommendations from my side, to name but a few:

The Swedish versions of KENT's albums
PAUS (also in Swedish. Solo-project of The Cardigan's guitarist, he wrote the songs together with the singer of Kent)
The album "Rashi Dub" by YUVAL BANAY (Hebrew)
AGATHODAIMON - the few Roumanian songs on their first two CDs
EVER EVE - Martyrium (great song, in German...they did another three songs in German, b.t.w)
MIGALA - La Noche" (also a great track, Spanish)
And if you want to hear some really good alternative rock sung in German, check out Anger 77's first album ("Allein im Flugzeug").

Tomas Andersson Wij - Ett slag för dig (swedish, kinda acoustic folk, very good)

Tocotronic - German independent

Herbert Grönemeyer - Not everyone's cup of tea, but his latest "Mensch" is really worth listening

Kampfar - Norwegian Black Metal

Naervaer - Skiftninger (Norwegian folk/independent with members from In the woods)

;)

Originally posted by MadTinus
Swedish is the other official language in Finland, besides Finnish. Helsinki in Swedish is Helsingfors (innit??).
This is true. All Finnish citys also have Swedish names. Most areas in citys also have Swedish name.

Here are some off the top of my head.
Enochian Crescent --> Finnish & Babylonian
Vintersorg ---> Swedish
Darkthrone ---> Norwegian
Dimmu Borgir ----> Norwegian
Burzum ---> Norwegian
Enslaved ---> Norwegian
Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus ---> Finnish
Betlehem ---> German
Horna ---> Finnish
Ajattara ---> Finnish
...And Oceans ---> Finnish/French/Swedish

pentegram/mezarkabul => turkish

(I also know some black metal bands sing in turkish but they are really awful..I wouldn't toture you with such a bad music. But mezarkabul is very very very good you may like it..)

misantrophe => french

I also heard about a grind gore band singing in japaneese but I never listened them..
it should be funny :)

Bergthron - German (Black Metal)
Nagelfar - German (BM)
Garmarna - Swedish
Storm - Norwegian
Solstafir - some songs in Icelandic
Mary Jane Lamond - Gaelic

Originally posted by Ormir
Enochian Crescent --> Finnish & Babylonian
:lol: :lol: :lol: BABYLONIAN?????????? I want to listen to this shit!

Lacrimosa --> German
Pan.Thy.Monium --> some swedish
Kawir --> Ancient Geek!!!!!!!! That's very funny!!!!!
Stille Volk --> French
Ulver --> Norwegian (the trilogy)
Arcturus --> Norwegian (aspera)
Arckanum --> Ancient Swedish or something.....

Lacuna Coil: Italian, the song "Senza fine"and I don´t know if they did other songs in Italian...
Tom Nouga: Swedish
Some bands sang also something in latin...I don´t remember the names at the moment...
A part from the ones that you already mentioned these were the first to come to my mind.

btw, do you think some languages are more "musical "than others? Which language do you think can fit well with metal?

Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus ---> Finnish

They also did a couple of tracks in German.

Some bands sang also something in latin...I don´t remember the names at the moment...

Subway To Sally and In Extremo have done that. I once heard a song that was pretty much the same style, but with lyrics in Letzebuergisch (that's what they speak in Luxemburg). Very interesting.:)

Originally posted by ether
btw, do you think some languages are more "musical "than others? Which language do you think can fit well with metal?

When it comes to black metal no language fits better than Norwegian ;) It's like it was made for it.

Originally posted by falling bird
When it comes to black metal no language fits better than Norwegian ;) It's like it was made for it.

I don't know, German can also sound quite grim if you choose the right words :mad: :)
Finnish black metal often bears this great feeling of rawness, too.