Music played over the Earthlink PA...

Vision

New Metal Member
Aug 4, 2002
Denver, Colorado
Visit site
I heard a song friday night, just prior to Mercenary taking the stage that I really want to own. The sad part is that I'm not sure who it was; the announcer that followed was just a little garbled. I *thought* he said that the band was Predator and the song was "Burn The Sun", or something to that effect. Can anyone help? I know "BTS" is an Ark tune/CD and I just don't think that was what I heard! This song also came over the PA on saturday, with the same results. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Two bands I got into was Twilight (cant remember the track they played) but I had to run over and get their CD...although they didn't have both.

The other band was Adagio the played Chosen but the new CD Underworld is only a Japanese import! I highly recommend this CD it kicks ass!!!

Also love the retro Whitesnake tune they played. :)

Almost forgot the Theocracy (sp?) song kicked ass too can't believe that is one guy doing all that! Wish Deron had in stock, will be one of my first purchases when it comes out!!! :)

warmwetos said:
Also love the retro Whitesnake tune they played. :)

They played a number of Whitesnake songs that I heard, including at the Pre-party. I was quite happy with that too!

Last year someone made the comment that it would be great to get a copy of the CD that was being played during the fest.. is that ever going to possible? If not, that's alright, I'm very content with the Showcase Sampler.

~Sh0k~

I thought last year the samplers were much better. They constantly played the same CDs over and over, and on second night it was so low you could not hear anything. Hearing the same songs 5-6 times in one night becomes a bit irritating. And worst of all, they kept playing that Kamelot song which was skipping all the time. It was way better last year, but still, what really matters was the show itself and it ruled all the way

I remember hearing this one song over the PA system I really loved, but didn't catch the band or title. All I can really describe about it was that it had female vocals, and sounded similar to Nightwish. It wasn't Within Temptation, I knew that one.

Chibitoro... I really think you might be talking about Epica. I myself enjoyed them alot. BTW does anyone know who or what did that St Anger parody? That was damn funny I want an mp3 of it.

Ben

Could it have been the Lacuna Coil song? I don't think they really sound much like nightwish...but that's about the only song with female vox that I remember being played.

chibitotoro said:
I remember hearing this one song over the PA system I really loved, but didn't catch the band or title. All I can really describe about it was that it had female vocals, and sounded similar to Nightwish. It wasn't Within Temptation, I knew that one.

They did play one by Within Temptation on Friday; i remember because it was waaaaay too loud where i was for how high her voice is and really bothered my ears. they also played "Heaven's a Lie" by Lacuna Coil on Saturday, which I suppose is the one you're talking about.

Ryan

I don't know the song or the band - but does anyone else remember the dude who did a fabulous and VERY ANIMATED lip-synch performance before Vanden Plas came out? He was on the first tier all the way to the right if you faced the stage -- he kicked ass!! Way to go, dude, whoever you are!!!!

Mare

the other female singer they played was the band EPICA.. which I promptly went out to the vendors and found a copy. It does have some "growly vocals" by a male counterpart, but not too much. The music is great and she has a nice voice. If you like Theatre of Tragedy (older stuff, not the techno crap) then you'll like Epica. It has a pretty nice symphonic sound to it.. well mixed and everything. I'm impressed with it.

Hell yea I saw that guy too. He was a cool dude as well I remember chatting with him in the hotel lobby when I arrived Thursday. His friend even came into the short lived metal store me and one of my friends opened up here in Midland awhile back. The song he was goign crazy for was BRAINSTORM'S "Highs Without Lows". I agree he was cool to watch and WASNT making a mockery of himself, I think if he had a band he woulda converted some fans hahaha.

Ben

Demonspell said:
Tony: Do you have idea when Underworld will be released in Europe or in the States? The St. Anger parody was done by one of the members of Theocracy.

According to Stephan, I heard in October not sure the exact date since that always changes. If you haven't listened to Underworld yet you will be surprised how well it is...it's one hell of a follow up to Sanctus Ignis. Of course you know how much I love that album. :)

That parody Theocracy did was funny as shit! I fucken dig that band and can't wait for the CD to be released...almost reminded me like that real bad version of Bohemian Rhapsody that a band did a while back I think they called themselves Bad News or something and I believe Brian May produced it. :)

chibitotoro said:
I guess it must have been Epica, because it wasn't Lacuna Coil. Thanks, I'll check into them.

Yes now I remember it was Epica because I went out and got the album (also picked up the Sinphonia cd) shortly after. I don't remember any Lacuna Coil over the PA but if you haven't picked up any of their stuff yet, I highly recommend Comalies, excellent album!

Also, not metal at all but anyone here dig Blackmore's Night? I picked up the new one and it has some great tunes.

warmwetos said:
That parody Theocracy did was funny as shit! I fucken dig that band and can't wait for the CD to be released...almost reminded me like that real bad version of Bohemian Rhapsody that a band did a while back I think they called themselves Bad News or something and I believe Brian May produced it. :)

Heh heh, thanks. As soon as I heard that opening riff come cranking out of the PA, I had to chuckle. There was a funny quote on Perpetual Motion a few days back, something like "Banging on a metal chair sounds even better through a wall of PA speakers." :D

Here's a tribute to the tribute, if you want to download it or check out the lyrics, etc.:

http://www.syrion.net/mattsmith/

Enjoy!

Matt Smith
www.theocracymusic.com

The Epica song they played was called Sensorium. By the time you read this you've probably figured it out already ;)

And I definitely agree...a must own album if you like the symphonic/operatic-female fronted thing.

Jeff.