Music sucks now

Vuren

New Metal Member
Sep 17, 2008
So while at work(i'm in college trying to always have extra money) today, we were closing so we took turns putting in different cd's and when one ended switched to someone elses cd's. Well after we finished listening to one of mine the next cd that got put in belonged to this 16 year old girl who looks like a alter boy. Well it starts out sounding very similar to afi's sing the sorrow and i ask her about it and she says it's some band named aiden, after one of the songs(later to find out it was we sleep forever) and it sounded almost exactly like girls not grey from afi. i thought this was some crappy local band who was just trying to get exposure.

when i got home i looked them up and found out that they are actually a national band who has been with some "big name 'rock' bands". my question is...how in the hell do people listen to them once they know that they just steal from other bands?

side note...it seems most of their fan base are either emo's or 13 year old little girls who just get wet thinking of them(i guess the jonas brothers are hot any more)

Of course if you ask people who listen to pop music, they'd say that all metal sounds the same and they don't know how we can listen to it. It may not be to your liking, but don't be so quick to judge.

Additionally, I've seen Aiden play live and they're damn fun to watch. =O

Well, if you live in 2009, when musicians have all opportunities to propose anything they want on the internet, as creative, commercial or weird it is, and when a million underground bands can now prove that music isn't only MTV, saying "music sucks now" is definitely stupid.

Music never sucked. Do your parents remember the charts in the 70's ? Were they interesting ? I guess they were as crappy as nowadays. But Pink Floyd, Genesis, The Beach Boys and a hundred other bands released a thousand awesome albums during these 10 years. And we're still in the same situation : music on TV might make you want to get a gun and shoot at random, but remember nobody forced you to listen to it. You don't need the approval of your whole country to claim that you like a band, do you ? So why do you care about people's taste in music ?

Why do everybody care, btw ?

Well, if you live in 2009, when musicians have all opportunities to propose anything they want on the internet, as creative, commercial or weird it is, and when a million underground bands can now prove that music isn't only MTV, saying "music sucks now" is definitely stupid.

Music never sucked. Do your parents remember the charts in the 70's ? Were they interesting ? I guess they were as crappy as nowadays. But Pink Floyd, Genesis, The Beach Boys and a hundred other bands released a thousand awesome albums during these 10 years. And we're still in the same situation : music on TV might make you want to get a gun and shoot at random, but remember nobody forced you to listen to it. You don't need the approval of your whole country to claim that you like a band, do you ? So why do you care about people's taste in music ?

Why do everybody care, btw ?

mmm...because i can't stand hacks who steal from other musicans. hell they didn't even the intelligence to even add a note to the song the stole...so they actually are more idiotic then that rapper who did ice ice baby after stealing under pressure from queen.

the fact that they change their appearance and music to copy off the current "trend" killers fall out boy and afi are 3 that leap to mind. oh and as to my father, nope he was listening to bach and the like.

mmm...because i can't stand hacks who steal from other musicans. hell they didn't even the intelligence to even add a note to the song the stole...so they actually are more idiotic then that rapper who did ice ice baby after stealing under pressure from queen.

the fact that they change their appearance and music to copy off the current "trend" killers fall out boy and afi are 3 that leap to mind. oh and as to my father, nope he was listening to bach and the like.
Well as long as the majors approve rip-offs, they obviously won't stop.

I really hate when musicians get all the consideration after ripping another song, but what can you do ? The original composer has to sue them. There are laws concerning intellectual property, they just need to be applied. But in 80% of the cases, the ripper gives $1.000.000 to the composer, and he shuts his mouth. Then it becomes his problem.

A cadburry cream egg? o_o

George Carlin said in his book (apparently, I haven't actually read it) that he's stopped looking at movies in terms of good or bad. "If someone's taken months out of their lives to act like a completely different person just to entertain me, I'm okay with it."

I kind of see music in the same light. If a group of people- who do the very difficult task, when you think about it, of all learning to play an instrument, learn to play together as a band, come up with a song and record it, just for the sake of entertaining me- where do I have room to complain?

Thread%20Failed.gif