Music sucks now

mmm...because i can't stand hacks who steal from other musicans. hell they didn't even the intelligence to even add a note to the song the stole...so they actually are more idiotic then that rapper who did ice ice baby after stealing under pressure from queen.

the fact that they change their appearance and music to copy off the current "trend" killers fall out boy and afi are 3 that leap to mind. oh and as to my father, nope he was listening to bach and the like.

Shut up. It takes fucking HEAPS of balls to come onto a CoB forum and tell people you have good taste in music. Laiho has stolen from classical composers for his riffs and solos countless times, but you wouldn't bring that shit up because every dumb ass punk who makes the claim "all music sucks" just listens to shitty five MTV calibur metal bands and acts as if their superior to all else. Aiden has been along for a long time by the way. Who are you trying to impress here? Are you cool for telling us emo is dumb, or are you cool for being able to recognize AFI songs?

Chances are the girl probably didn't like the CD you put on in the first place. So the second its her turn you turn around and start bitching like a little baby. I used to work in a music store where we were only aloud to play a selected list of music approved by head office. Guess how many bands on that list we were all into? You are getting paid, and the entire world isn't just going to blast thrash metal at you at all times for your amusement, selfish prick.

Congratulations on your first year of college, stop acting like its your first year in high school.

woah, i agree with Thomas there. The bad thing about the underground bands, is that you really have to look out, to find 1/100 that are awesome

Right. Musicians (=crappy bands) don't fight to record and release a good demo, they record themselves in their basement and put 78686754 shitty mp3s onto their MySpaces. Then you have 1000 new bands a day, but 10 really awesome.

Well, that's better than nothing.

Alot of bands lately have gotten record deals. It's only because of the internett. Before the studios took only really good bands which had the guts to come forth and show them. Now everyone can just post some shit on the internett and hope for the best. I say it's to easy to get record deals (I'm talking about music now compared to before just so everyone has got that clear)

so music = metal/rock ?

its stupid to think only great bands got record deals before the internet... some years ago we didnt have a lot of choice, only what they decided us to listen.

dont you think luck plays a big part to get a record deal? to be at the right place at the right moment, knowing the right person etc...

Only great bands is what you decide what a great band is. And we could choose between alot. At least in the 80's, no one really decided what you should listen to then did they?

Not all is about knowing the right person. If you can't make something close to original or at least something good, knowing people isn't going to get you far. Location is another thing, but still there is some to the music you make.