Music That Doesnt Suck

Soul of Ice

Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
Alright, so how many of you checked out Ra?

That doesnt matter. Except that you should listen to me.

Anyway, the new band is called Evanscence. By far the most talented female singer I have ever heard. She sounds like a combination of Tarja (sp) from Nightwish and Tori Amos. She sings with incredible power and passion. It is a must to hear her. The band plays kind of a pop-rock, but its much better than that. I have heard one song where they have a guy doing some backup vocals which really reminded me of the despised Linkin Park, but other than that it is great great music.

They had two songs on the Daredevil Soundtrack. The songs are "Bring Me To Life" and "My Immortal". The band again es Evanescence. Bring me to life is the more radio friendly one with the guy in the backround, but it is still really good. My Immortal is a wonderful song that just has her singing with a keyboard playing

Is it prog? Is it power? Is it metal?

No, but it is really really good.

Would I share anything with you guys that wasn't good?

Also....

Listen to my show saturdays www.whrwfm.org 1pm-2:30pm

The first time I heard the song from the Daredevil Soundtrack I thought it was great, right up until that male singer came in. HE IS AWFUL!!! He sounds like he belongs in Linkin Park, and they really need to get rid of him. Other than that it sounded great, the female singer is very good. And I wouldn't call it prog, or power, but it is metal.

I checked out that Evanescence song "Bring me Back to Life"... I was really jonesing on it until I heard the Linkin Park styled rapping during the chorus... really killed it for me.

And here I was thinking, I was the only one who was liking them.

Yep. Evanesence are good. And thankfully, the male vocals were only a 1-time thing. I really don't consider it rapping, per se. Just vocals with an upbeat tempo.