Music that overwhelms you with emotion

oddly enough depressing music, never really puts me in any mood like some of you claim ... however agressive stuff usually does the trick ... and some dance music as well.

Psychotic Waltz - Discography
Wolverine - Cold Light Of Monday
Wastefall - Soulrain 21
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans
Manowar - Into Glory Ride
Mayfair - Die Flucht, Behind
Sieges Even - A Sense Of Change
pff - all my favourite bands are very emotional, so i could make an endless list, sooo i stop here.

lurch70 said:
oddly enough depressing music, never really puts me in any mood like some of you claim
Depressive music is uplifting to me, it makes me want to triumph over adversity, or at the very least make me stop feeling sorry for myself because life isn't all that tough.

For example when I'm at my lowest I usually crank Life of Agony, that shit really brings me up.

Deep Purple - Soldier Of Fortune

Is a very sad song, of course. I downloaded an AMV with that playing over clips from Tenchi Muyo! and Tenchi Universe, twas very beautiful and still quite sad :cry:

Speaking of that, Lonely Moon from Tenchi Muyo! OVA2...full of sadness but yet happiness at those fleeting moments of bliss and a hope that things well get better :)

I might go off watch from Tenchi Universe in a bit actually...

Agalloch
In the woods...
Hammerheart & Twilight of the gods
Dissection
Dance of december souls & Brave murder day
The Gallery

Tranquillian said:
Agalloch
In the woods...
Dissection
The Gallery

Wow, yes! Everything on this list plus Vintersorg's albums up to and including Cosmic Genesis really put emotion into the atmosphere.

Tranquillian said:

I want to make sweet, sweet love to these cds. ALL of them!

Also...
Goat Horn - Storming the Gates (for that pure metal emotion of power!)
Katatonia - Discouraged Ones (and to a lesser extent Tonight's Decision and even lesser Last Fair Deal Gone Down)

Yeah I own a lot of albums mentioned in this thread, but very few of them speak emotionally to me, even the ones I love.

Exactly. You really need to re-start this thread with "albums that move you emotionally to the point where you break down and weep in sadness and sorrow".....

Two songs that just has "it".

In The Woods - HEart of the Ages - Yearning the Seeds of a New Dimension
Empyrium - Auszüge aus Weiland - Einsam, Verlorn, den Lieben Entrissem

M.Lehto said:
In The Woods - HEart of the Ages - Yearning the Seeds of a New Dimension

The part where it just breaks out into the Burzum-esque screaming and the tiny raspy whisper JUST before that... THAT... RULES...... SO MUCH.

I've been listening to that album a lot lately.