Music that should be more metal...

MasterOLightning

Optimator
Jun 3, 2003
Chicago
www.myspace.com
There haven't been many threads in the past three days, so I was wondering which songs or music you'd like to see given a metal treatment. For example, I always thought that Mega Man 3 for NES had an awesome soundtrack. If you distorted the melodies and put double bass under it, it would be most excellent. People have covered video game music before, and this game specifically, but never have I heard metal of this sort. Any ideas for either video game music that would rock, or other songs that would make good metal covers?

If you think this thread sucks, whatever, it is kind of stupid. But it has been slow around here.

Hmm... there's probably a video game theme I would like to see metalized.

I know that Duke Nukem's theme has been remade by Megadeth and it sounded pretty good.

I would like to hear some metal while cutting heads off in Ninja Gaiden...

Some stuff I heard of Dream Theater sounded like Sonic the Hedgehog music. Sonic rocks.

And I think I'm still the only person on earth who thinks that the menu music of Doom sounds like the intro of Master of Puppets (find a midi of MoP and you might figure it out).

Jean-Pierre said:
Almost all Megaman music is Speed Metal in MIDI (well, kind of) form.

And it was all composed by Steve Vai, along with Castlevania and every other 80s game. :lol:

Anyone remember I think it was an Apache helicopter game for NES that had this really awesome MIDI prog-metal soundtrack, and when you sped up the game the music speed and technicality increased by like 10X? Sounded like Spiral Architect.

Décadent said:
Some stuff I heard of Dream Theater sounded like Sonic the Hedgehog music. Sonic rocks.

And I think I'm still the only person on earth who thinks that the menu music of Doom sounds like the intro of Master of Puppets (find a midi of MoP and you might figure it out).

I don't remember if it was the menu, but I ALWAYS thought that one part of it sounded like Master of Puppets. I actually played doom before I heard Master of Puppets so when I heard it, I was like "WTF, this sounds like doom".

You know how there was this fad of alt-metal songs that were covers of 80's hits? That should come back. I liked that stuff.

You know:

Machine Head - Message in a Bottle
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
Disturbed - Shout 2000
Fear Factory - Cars
In Flames - Everything Counts
Powerman 5000 - Good Times Roll
Rammstein - Stripped
Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons (not metal, but fast and kinda heavy anyway)

More bands should try this.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Machine Head - Message in a Bottle
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
Disturbed - Shout 2000
Fear Factory - Cars
In Flames - Everything Counts
Powerman 5000 - Good Times Roll
Rammstein - Stripped
Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons (not metal, but fast and kinda heavy anyway)

All of those are horrible.

Try Gamma Ray - It's A Sin. :headbang:

The Mini Bosses are definitely not Metal...maybe, if they got a rhythm guitarist to play some actually Metal riffs.

Anyone remember the music to the first level of Twisted Metal 2? That was fucking technical metal.

Rob Zombie did the soundtracks for TM III and TM 4 I believe. TM 2 had an original score that was super-cool.