Music that...

Brett

------
Aug 31, 2003
What is some of the music that pumps you up and some of the music that depresses you.

Music that pumps me up:

The Trooper - Iron Maiden: Just blast this baby when your crusing in your car and you'll see what I mean.

Take No Prisoners - Megadeth: This song just makes me want to punch someone in the face and destroy everything around me.

Music that Depresses me:

Most of the songs on "Dead Heart in a Dead World". You know the ones I'm talking about.

Sorry, I can't think of anymore right now.

Post songs that pump you up and depresses you and tell me why.

Song that pumps me up: Entwined by Vengeance - Vital Remains

LISTEN TO OUR LEGION
CHANTING THY NAME!!

SAAAATAN SAAAAATAN!!!! SLAUGHTER THE FUCKING CHRISTIAAAAANS!!!!

An album that pumps me up is Stomp 442 by Anthrax, and I second the notion about Take No Prisoners, especially the line-Take no prisoners, take no shit!

Songs that depress me, Crowbar has a lot of these songs that are so fucking heavy but really depressing. A Question of Heaven, I Died For You by Iced Earth. Hope Leaves by Opeth.

Pump- Most of Demanufacture by Fear Factory, Anything of Eternal by Samael, the first half of Testaments the Gathering, anything off Reign in blood, and Most of City, and SYL by Strapping Young lad.

Depress, well the Crown of Sympathy by My dying bride really gets me- so does regret, and fragile dreams of Alternative 4 by Anathema.

Pumped: Kreator's "Tormentor" (RIFF OF PAIN!), Overkill's "Wrecking Crew," Metallica's "Blackened," (and a few others), Blind Guardian's "Majesty" (epecially the opening riff), Judas Priest's "Freewheel Burning" (Priest + speed = greatness), Amon Amarth's "For the Stabwounds In Our Backs," Testament's "Over the Wall," and Death Angel's "Kill As One." Some more, but those top the list.

Depressed: Iced Earth's "A Question of Heaven," the whole Dreaming Neon Black album, Blind Guardian's "Harvest of Sorrow" and "When Sorrow Sang" (the chorus to that gets me teary-eyed by association with...never mind), W.A.S.P.'s "The Idol," Queensrÿche's "Eyes of A Stranger" (Jesus, that chorus...) and "Anybody Listening," Death's "Voice of the Soul," Johnny Cash's "Hurt" (plus about any Cash since he died), Metallica's "Fade To Black," Blue Öyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper," a few bluegrass songs I can't remember the names of, and one Radiohead album...I can't remember which...there's a reason for it.

Sacrificial Suicide by Deicide depresses me much cause he says he wants to kill himself and he wants Satan to kill him too and he wants to go to hell to the seventh circle or something and it's very depressing in general :(

Pumps me up:

Nevermore- Sea of Possibilities, Create The Infinite
Behemoth- No Sympathy For Fools
Death- Bite The Pain
SYL- Underneath The Waves
Iced Earth- Wolf
Quo Vadis- On The Shores of Ithaka
Finger 11- Good Times

Depressing Songs:

Pink Floyd- High Hopes(Holy hell! Talk about depressing!)
Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd- Is There Anybody Out There
Nevermore- The Heart Collector
Nevermore- The Sorrowed Man
Green Day- Good Riddance(Time of Your Life) FLAME AWAY FUCKFACES!
Jahnny Cash- Hurt
Death- Voice of The Soul
Iced Earth- A Question of Heaven
Quo Vadis- Dream
Nevermore- Forever
Smashing Pumpkins- Disarm

NOTE:
The weird thing is though, depending on what kind of mood i'm in, these songs can either depress me or fucking absolutely blow me away with their beauty and genious. I fucking love it. Most of the time though they just blow me away(and not depress me) and I fall in love with them even more......i'm a much happier person now than I used to be like 2 years ago.....I don't get depressed much.

makes me feel good and full of energy: Deicide/ST and Legion

down: nothing if I feel OK, but if I feel bad, Nick Cave steals my senses and makes me wanna be Eliza Day.