Music you like that isn't Metal

Bunch of different shit. Won't give a detailed list cause that would be boring and no one would read anyway.

- bunch of Jazz (from Dave Grusin to Jaco Pastorius)
- Hard Rock
- 80s rock and pop (ALICE COOPER, Dire Straits, Cyndi Lauper, A-HA etc)
- New Wave (Oingo Boingo and others)
- some Punk and Punk Rock (Pennywise, NOFX, Offspring etc)
- Ska
- Classical Surf Music (Dick Dale, Beach Boys etc)
- Funk (George Clinton, Parliament etc)
- some Progish shit (Primus, Pink Floyd etc)
- some shit that I can't label (Frank Zappa, Jethro Tull etc)
- rarely some shit like Thievery Corporation

Nowadays I kinda like Juliette and The Licks too.

I can't stand: Grunge, Rap, Hip-Hop, Emo, Nu Metal and anything with "core" in it.

Fuck, I searched for that other thread that shares this subject, believe me. That bullshit 20 second search wait time plus the fact that (you) and (non) etc.. are terms that the search doesn't allow so it doesn't even meet the 4 word minimum criteria. So I give up. If someone else can find it, bump it and one of the mods and merge this thread with it.

Anyways, I am interested, what is some of the non-metal music you guys listen to regularly. Post youtube videos too if you can. For I long time I only listened to metal (and some rock/Johnny Cash/etc), not to be cool or whatever, but because that was the only music that really sounded good to me. But now my taste is changing and I am starting to like some mainstream music now. The only difference is that, with the pop stuff, if gets boring to me really fast. I'll like it a lot for a week or so then it just gets boring, I guess because there's not that much in the song to enjoy after a few listens, it's not as complex as metal.

So I'll go first, I heard this song on the radio a lot while I was moving and it got stuck in my head. Lesbian pop music ftw.

inb4 massive flaming and shitstorm. (Although I hope this thread stays on-topic)

Last edited by a moderator:

Surferosa, norwegian pop/rock band.
I really like this song!:)
It used to run on Svisj, a Norwegian, send in SMS-votes music video program.

I'd fuck her. But on topic I love J-rock cos I' ma fag!
here is my fav non metal band Dir en grey and the song obscure, probably their heaviest track, and a fucked up vid too