musical conspiracies or videogame conspiricies

wayne the goblin/robot

Im done with this *****
Dec 30, 2004
MP.com
heres mine:

Dream theater composed the music for starcraft.

Rhapsody originaly composed the music for fable but was removed during the editing process.

symphony x did prince of persia soundtrack

whats yours?

Dragonforce wrote all pre-32 bit console music ever. EVER.

That's not a conspiracy. That's a fact.

SyX did do that castlevania bit, JP of DT did do Necronomicon,

i want to know who did the final battle metal song on FFX, and the shred solo on the battle results screen for FFX-2

Silent Song said:
i want to know who did the final battle metal song on FFX, and the shred solo on the battle results screen for FFX-2
The partial answer:
Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX [NES, FC, SNES, PS1]- Nobuo Uematsu
Final Fantasy X [PS2]- Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu and Junya Nakano
Final Fantasy X-2 [PS2] - Noriko Matsueda and Takahito Eguchi
Final Fantasy XI [PS2] - Nobuo Uematsu, Naoshi Mizuta, and Kumi Tanioka
Final Fantasy XI Vision of Ziraat [PS2] - Naoshi Mizuta

its not Nobuo Uematsu (though his stuff rules) this is definitely a semi popular metal band, cause i know i've heard the song before. my vague memory suggests Disturbed... but i can't be sure.

I have metioned on this board a million times about the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Symphony X mix up. In Japan the Castlvania series is actually called Dracula X. Because of that and the particular game in question having the subtitle of "Symphony of the Night" there tends to be a mixing of the series title and the subtitle sometimes and that results in the phrase Symphony X being used sometimes.

I don't know anything about DT or Rhapsody doing any music for videogames but I do know there could really be a future of prog and progmetal with game music. This I believe is because there is definately a correlation between the two types of music, and this is especially true now that game music is using a lot more guitar and orchestrations in their music over the last few years. I have a "gamer" friend who loves game music as well, like me, and he isn't really into other types of music at all. But a lot of the music he hears me listen to of the prog and power metal genre he has told me he likes, and on ocassion we can give examples of what particular games music sounds like the song I am playing. In game soundtracks, especially those of the rpg genre, the composers try to use many different instruments to give the feeling of a different or strange culture, or the mood of what a specific character is like or the situation they are in. Because of this they have to use and expirement with all kinds of diff sounds and insturments. This is the same in prog and prog metal too. I don't think either of them were influenced in general by the other, but that because they are both aiming for the same goal musically, they happen to correlate so closely together.

BTW: I thought that that metal song at the beginning of FFX (also used at the end) was some US release "let's americanize" strategy at first too. But that song is also in the Japanese game. The song on any soundtracks that have that song say it is by Nobuo Uematsu and it is prob true. You don't think he could pick up a guitar and play it just like he would any other instument?