Musical Differences between RTC and NMF

The Grand Design

The Jester Race Submits
Jun 14, 2003
Christchurch, New Zealand
Visit site
I think RTC is hell heavy and the riffs are great but I think NMF is more refined. With NMF the songs seems to get straight to the point, Soul Evisceration is a good example of this. It kills you in the first 20 secs. Where as Cry My Name had a lot more melody and the main fast parts were the verses. I haven't got either albums on my computer at the moment so I can't listen to them at this exact point in time but I also reckon RTC had a very distinctive guitar tone because of how fuzzy and muddy it was, it was muddy in a good way, it gave the album a lot of character. The guitar tone on NMF is different to this and I think slightly better. Both albums have quite different feels to them although musically they aren't too far about. Great production on both albums.

I think they lost a lot of the old school Swedish sound that they had on RTC. It's still there in NMF, but I think they sound a lot more melodic this time around. The new album isn't a tribute to the old-school like RTC was. But your right NMF sounds a lot more refined and polished. You can tell Blakkheim and Renske songs were written over a longer period of time than Swano's too. I loved RTC when it came out, but to me it pales in comparison to NMF because it's more complex and epic. My two cents.

The Grand Design said:
I think RTC is hell heavy and the riffs are great but I think NMF is more refined. With NMF the songs seems to get straight to the point, Soul Evisceration is a good example of this. It kills you in the first 20 secs. Where as Cry My Name had a lot more melody and the main fast parts were the verses. I haven't got either albums on my computer at the moment so I can't listen to them at this exact point in time but I also reckon RTC had a very distinctive guitar tone because of how fuzzy and muddy it was, it was muddy in a good way, it gave the album a lot of character. The guitar tone on NMF is different to this and I think slightly better. Both albums have quite different feels to them although musically they aren't too far about. Great production on both albums.
*pat pat*

i just got nmf about a week ago, at this point i think i still like rtc a bit more, but i have to digest it a bit...they're very similar though

cthulufhtagn said:
i just got nmf about a week ago, at this point i think i still like rtc a bit more, but i have to digest it a bit...they're very similar though

hmm, i dunno dude, they don't sound too similar to me. i mean yeah, they're both death metal, but..the albums sound quite different from each other.

RTC sounds like a fart... NMF sounds like a wet fart, or diarhea... yes, they ARE comparable this way.

Occasionally you'll hear a high squeak - that is tagtren growling - he emulates the sounds of petite farts.

dude oinkness, you are the worst troll ever

@wolftribe: :lol: insert "your mom" joke here

@deliv: i dunno, the production is different certainly, but i find the songs to be pretty similar, maybe i haven't listened enough...