musicians i need some help!

spellbound-by-the-bodom

Brighton - metal warrior
Mar 27, 2003
England - hove (brighton)
hey i really want to do music a level next year but i need be grade 4 at an instrument and im self taught:/ could you guys tell me detailed what i will need to know and maybe a few good songs i could use coz i gotta apply at september the 5th

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

A grade four is like.... If you can succesfully play a nirvana song all the way through.... LOL.

grade 8 is the best, 1 is th beginning, 'I play with a flute up my nose and a french horn in my ass' Stage.

4 is basically... You have to be able to cope with things that are set to you.

Example a Grade 4 piece might some something like.....

Uhh...

Nirvana - Come as you are, our school used that at grade 4.

It starts getting hard at 6.

What instrument are you planning to do it on?

hendrix? thats like.... grade 5 max.
a good example of a grade 8 would be Vivaldi's Four Seasons Summer Part (as played in PAssage to thhe Reaper)

ask your music teacher what they want to hear and go with that, otherwise listen to some songs that seem to be around that level and go with it...just spend a day flicking through cds finding the right one

yeah but still ask them what they want to hear, or at least some songs that they feel are acceptable.

Faith no more has some good keys, "easy" might be an okay song, can't remember off the top of my head if the keys go all the way through though, pretty basic song.

umm...shit i don't know, pick some bands that you like that have keys and get some easy songs