Must influence the youth with the best death/grind has to offer!

The Burning Darkness

King of the Obvious
Jul 10, 2002
Visit site
I know some chick, whos been goin on about Lamb of God being all heavy and shit and blah blah...her bf wants me to get some shit like...i don't even think he knows...i'm goin for....Cryptopsy or Decapitated...Atheist...even Dying Fetus...maybe toss in Martyr...cuz i like em

oh and of course nevermore...even though they aren't death...they can still kick most death metal band's asses anyway

and i figured i might aswell dive deeper into grindcore...someone toss up some names of some of the more talented grindcore bands.

Maybe not really grind, but Origin, The Berzerker, Ciribus, and Vehemence are good death. Anaal Nathrakh, Kult ov Azazel, and Absu are great brutal black (brutal death with with black vox).

The first exhumed cd , Gore Metal, is pretty good , didnt think much about slaughter kult though. Origin is alright, , alittle too much emphasis on being technical in my opinion though.Also check out fleshgrind.

good luck and everything trying to get a fence-sitter into grind, but your chances are about 1 in a billion. dead heart will get anyone into our world, i know; gothenburg metal like at the gates, and newer stuff like soilwork and in flames are good bets, too. i like death metal, but you know what? it's hard to listen to. nile, cryptopsy, dillinger escape plan, those are good for people who can appreciate complicated music. progressing into pure death takes quite a long time though, so start with something that has elements of death like slayer or testament's the gathering, that's a mind-blower! use the attention-getters like nevermore and testament, keep on em with new stuff for em and they're your pupil forever, dude. :cool: my $.02

uh....it isn't too hard to influence her.....its not like she's never been exposed to that sort of music before....she'll listen to generally anything if its rock/metal....it just bugs my friend that she hails Lamb of God above most other bands....when she's heard better....which i don't really give a fuck about...

.i'm mainly just taking advantage of this as an excuse to dive deeper into death/grind myself....currently i've been more into the swedish death scene....and i'd like to expose myself to more grindcore as a change of pace.

Yes! Decapitated... Winds of Creation! Brilliant album!

Pity about the new one though. How sad a waste of such talent *tut tut*

I'm surprised Cannibal Corpse hasn't made it into this conversation yet.

no, just gore death.
try early Pungent Stench "For God Your Soul, For Me Your Flesh" and split LP with Disharmonic Orchestra.

Originally posted by Trapped

Only thing that i was disapointed about the album is the vocals , they could of been alot cleaner. Like the ones on Winds of Creation , Iam not a real big fan on the grindcore shit unless they have amazing talent to back it up. I.E Decapitated & Dying Fetus .

Originally posted by Trapped
Yes! Decapitated... Winds of Creation! Brilliant album!

I think the worst part about their new album is the godawful bass drum sound, and also very boring riffs in comparison, but mostly the bass drum sound.:(

If you want to scratch the surface of death metal and ease into it:

Testament, Sepultura (Roots), Opeth

Going a bit deeper, into some 'real' death metal:

Vehemence, Dying Fetus, Morbid Angel, Vader, Nile, Suffocation, Skinless

Some pure grindcore:

The Berzerker, Devolved, Circle of Dead Children, Cephalic Carnage

Originally posted by PiNkMaGGiT
If you want to scratch the surface of death metal and ease into it:

Testament, Sepultura (Roots), Opeth

You'd call that death metal? Seriously?

Testament.... yeah, maybe...

Sepultura... roots? No way... maybe arise, or schitzophrenia... but roots, death metal? C'mon dude :lol:

Opeth... hmm... vocally maybe, but not musically at all.

Going a bit deeper, into some 'real' death metal:

Vehemence, Dying Fetus, Morbid Angel, Vader, Nile, Suffocation, Skinless

Damn straight :lol:

Morbid Angel and Suffocation...

I personally wouldn't call dying fetus DM either... but either way they're a good band.

Some pure grindcore:

The Berzerker, Devolved, Circle of Dead Children, Cephalic Carnage [/B]

Devolved... hmmm... not grindcore... although i don't know what to call them. I don't like the band... but they don't strike me as grind at all.

Genres suck. I like music.