Must influence the youth with the best death/grind has to offer!

Originally posted by ThePhilosopher
I think the worst part about their new album is the godawful bass drum sound, and also very boring riffs in comparison, but mostly the bass drum sound.:(

I'd go as far as saying the new one is pathetic.

The crazy guitarwork dissapeared! What the hell is with that!?

Those cool guitar fills in Winds of Creation (the song) are awesome, there's nothing like that at all on nihility... :yuk:

Originally posted by PiNkMaGGiT
If you want to scratch the surface of death metal and ease into it:
Opeth

Opeth??? :lol: :lol: :lol: I've heard people say they are Black Metal too....

For the last fuckin time Progressive Metal !

lol when i said 'scratch the surface of death metal' i meant it, ie. Opeth, testament etc. have a few death metal elements in their music if this chick or whatever wanted to slowly ease into it. It isn't easy listening to bands like Nile if you have no previous death metal experience.

PiNkMaGGiT \m/:D \m/

Originally posted by poet
Opeth??? :lol: :lol: :lol: I've heard people say they are Black Metal too....

For the last fuckin time Progressive Metal !

Nope. Not prog.

the are one of those "Swedishmetalbandswithreallyfuckinglongsongs"

mmmmmm entombed and dismember

she's actually a deicide fan....this chick....i've been assigned to musically influence

i'm prolly gonna show her some Atheist...just cuz

Originally posted by Trapped
Nope. Not prog.

the are one of those "Swedishmetalbandswithreallyfuckinglongsongs"

They are prog. they fit all the features. Also i went to Media play and saw this compilation CD , It said Prog Metal. And Opeth was on there. Also read in a artical and they where under the title Prog. Metal. And iam pretty fuckin sure myself.

entombed fucking kills. god of thunder is the best cover ever. until someone does a grind cover of "let's hear it for the boy" by Denise or something like that. Dead Neice. my $.02.

Tee, I must take the liberty to say that you a re a beautiful woman. I'm thoroughly enjoying your changing avatar/slideshow. ;)

well, thank you, some people are not so happy about the slideshow, like I care. :)

TBD, try Baphomet "Dead Shall Inherit". very good thing. :zzz:

Baphomet are awesome!

Dude: To put pics in your sig do this:

PHP:
[img]http://whatever.com[/img]

simple as that.

just put it between two img and /img tags.

Originally posted by Unregistered
They are prog. they fit all the features. Also i went to Media play and saw this compilation CD , It said Prog Metal. And Opeth was on there. Also read in a artical and they where under the title Prog. Metal. And iam pretty fuckin sure myself.

That's all good and well, but Slipknot was put on a compilation cd called "Death Metal Mix" or something liekt that a while ago, that don't mean they are death metal at all.

Stupid genres. Genres take it up the ass, doo dah, doo dah.

They aren't a technical band. And to me, Prog means technical playing.

The only thing prog about them is the long songs. They might be in line with 60s/70s prog, but not Prog Metal.

that chicks a buddy of mine, but her b/f (another really good buddy) wants her to listen to some other kinds of shit....

and me being the guy in the group who'll listen to almost anything from depeche mode to carcass......he enlists me.

baphomet sounds familiar, i'll ahve to look them up.

and glenn just plain looks stupid....