Must read Duran article

Why do you call people n00bs when you have only 100 posts yourself? What's the problem with newbies?
And Maiden aren't a metal band? Here we go again, another person who wants to change history. Hey, John in case you didn't know Maiden and Priest are the definition of heavy metal. They may not be what is known as metal these days be it Progressive Metal, or Black Metal or Death Metal - but Maiden ARE heavy metal whether you like it or not. You can't change an entire genre just because YOU feel like it.
And I agree Helloween and Gamma Ray are crap but at least they play heavy guitars - do Duran Duran? No they play keyboards and shit.

Priest certainly is.. the definition of (dumbed down, cliched, generic, cheesy) metal, but Maiden is more than that. Their first two albums have a huge punk rock influence. They also released two hard rock albums (fotd, npftd). They have 70's classic rock songs (angel & gambler) There are many other songs I can think of that have more of a non-metal sound than your typical metal band. Two examples: Flight of Icarus, Dejavu. Things like that are enough to make them a classic rock band in my book.

You don't know what a noob is.