Mustaine's riffage or Metallica's?

Who is the better riff-writer?

• Dave Mustaine

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • Kirk Hammett/James Hetfield

Votes: 30 49.2%

• Total voters
I think they both peaked at different times...some of Hetfield's riffs on MOP and Justice are fucking brilliant (and Cliff Burton is a huge reason MOP is as good as it is)...and Mustaine has some great ones on Peace Sells and Rust in Peace...I don't really throw Kirk in there because I think his rhythm playing is a bit weak. James and Dave both kicked major ass in their primes in my opinion...

I thought Hetfield was always rather mediocre, and now...well - NOW.

Whereas Mustain still seems to be on top of his game to a greater extent - a game that was always superior anyway.

Dave Mustaine isn't kicked out Metallica for nothing.. I vot for Metallica since their riffage has been better ALWAYS and Megadeth just followed their path.. (maybe except for the extremely bad S&M album and the even worse St Anger crap..)

Jezusjan said:
Dave Mustaine isn't kicked out Metallica for nothing.. I vot for Metallica since their riffage has been better ALWAYS and Megadeth just followed their path.. (maybe except for the extremely bad S&M album and the even worse St Anger crap..)

You are gayer than gay.

Jezusjan said:
Teh Geigh.

Many riffs on the first four Metallica CDs are great, especially on And Justics For All and Master of Puppets. So I would say Metallica, though the songs Holy Wars....The Punishment Due, Hangar 18, and Polaris have some riffs that are as good as any Metallica riff.

ShadowOfDeath said:
Metallica riffs interest me more then megadeth

Vote goes to Kirk Hammet.
oh and for the record James can't play for shit and doesn't know theory.
This is kind of ironic. Where the hell did you get that idea that Kirk writes most Metallica riffs? :err:

Btw, I vote for Metallica.

Crimson Velvet said:
I've always found Megadeth's riffs to be boring as shit. I may be partial here, seeing how I'm a big Metallica fan, but their riffs just seem more interesting to me. Especially their instrumentals (Call of Ktulu, Orion and To Live is to Die (Yes, I count that as an instrumental)).
you sir are a cake

Mustaine wrote The Call Of Ktulu. (plus some other RTL stuff)

As well as some of the best stuff off Kill Em All, like Jump in the Fire and The Four Horsemen.

Mustaine cains Metallica

misfit said:
you sir are a cake

Mustaine wrote The Call Of Ktulu. (plus some other RTL stuff)

As well as some of the best stuff off Kill Em All, like Jump in the Fire and The Four Horsemen.

Mustaine cains Metallica

Mustaine wrote some of The Call of Ktulu, and that was mostly lead guitar parts. This thread is about riffs. And the stuff from Kill 'em All have easily the most simple and uninteresting riffs, compared to all other Metallica albums.

And you save your insults. I'm merely uttering my opinions, just like you.

Krigloch the Furious said:
You are gayer than gay.

You are fatter than fat! Do you ever think you'll get a girlfriend other than putting barbie clothes on a hot dog? You fucking fat sack of shit hit the local 24 hour fitness and do some squats you heffer! Nothing makes me sicker in this world than the obese! How can you live such a piss poor God forsaken existence? And you seem to relish (no pun intended) in your rotundness. First your signature pic is that of you holding up what appears to be orange chicken, now we see a white castle hamburger shoved down your gullet! You'de out eat a pelican! I wish you a stroke after your next sundae. Now get off my board you ton of fun the bosco's calling!