Mustaine's riffage or Metallica's?

Who is the better riff-writer?

• Dave Mustaine

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • Kirk Hammett/James Hetfield

Votes: 30 49.2%

• Total voters
I'd have to say Mustaine. His playing (mainly soloing) was/is alot cleaner than Hammett's. If you listen to Master of Puppets, the solo is sloppy as hell. I don't see how people think it's so great when it's probably one of the easiest solos out there. Then listen to... Hangar 18 I guess (since you never know when Mustaine/Friendman are soloing... it's a guessing game in almost every song). Listen to both guys soloing off, both are very clean sounding, and not all over the place like Hammett. Althogh not very fast, you can hear the scales and notes being played, whereas Hammett's playing sounds like static on the TV at times. I haven't heard all that much by Megadeth, but from what I have heard, they are way better, more talented musicians.

Enough of my rambling...

maybe hammet's solos are a little sloppy. you can be a little sloppy when you are playing hella fast. he has INSANE accuracy for his speed. mustaine is not as good as hammet or hetfield. give it up guys, NOT BETTER! :hotjump:

wow. 2 things. Lucifer's forsight is an idiot. andi hope mustaine shuts up, his voice is aweful. but his guitar skills kick major ass. my vote goes to mustaine.