Mustis and Vortex have left Dimmu Borgir

I've been giving this some more thought, and while I try not to take sides on situations I have no personal involvement with, Dimmu Borgir's official response is actually more unprofessional than anything they accuse ICS Vortex and Mustis of doing. I'm honestly a bit surprised that Dimmu put out a response like this, it's extremely classless and immature of them; I had always figured they were a highly professional band. This kind of mudslinging is more something I'd expect from an L.A. glam/sleaze rock band. :lol:

I dunno, I hear ya, but it's a difficult balance to strike between when one should take the high road and not stoop to the level of people who are attacking you, or when those accusations are genuinely posing a threat to your reputation, as Shagrath/Silenoz might have felt considering the apparent fan support of Vortex/Mustis. That said, I think the smarter response would have been something like "We can only hope that our fans would be smart enough to recognize that there are always multiple sides to any story, and we had our reasons for what we did - but rather than try to spell it out for you and continue the trash-talking, we'll just ask you all to MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS AND GET LIVES JESUS CHRIST"

Ok, maybe not in those words exactly :lol:

I dunno, I hear ya, but it's a difficult balance to strike between when one should take the high road and not stoop to the level of people who are attacking you, or when those accusations are genuinely posing a threat to your reputation, as Shagrath/Silenoz might have felt considering the apparent fan support of Vortex/Mustis. That said, I think the smarter response would have been something like "We can only hope that our fans would be smart enough to recognize that there are always multiple sides to any story, and we had our reasons for what we did - but rather than try to spell it out for you and continue the trash-talking, we'll just ask you all to MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS AND GET LIVES JESUS CHRIST"

Ok, maybe not in those words exactly :lol:

Well, apparently you didn't witness the story about Quorthon. I remember he did something like what you said and EVERYONE started spreading all kinds of weird nasty rumors (until they finally forced him to speak out through an official webpage anyways, and he then lamented not having done it before himself).

This DB people 'know the bussiness' (as they say), so that's why they did what they did.

...Or else check out Kanwulf of Nargaroth. He too, took 'the high road', and nowadays you see people even claiming he masturbates on top of his fans (on wikipedia ftw!!!) :puke: