Mustis and Vortex have left Dimmu Borgir

while there might be some truth, seems that response letter was full of ego

Stop acting like composers and songwriters until you have written and released something on your own that's worthwhile and we'll see how well you do

To quote Vortex in his very own statement: 'I have really enjoyed the ride!' Sure you have, it's been for free! Either because of lack of interest, dedication, understanding and capability or all of those

If you knew how to arrange and write a song, you would have already, just like the rest of us. But no, your lazy ass is too 'busy' complaining about not getting what is 'rightfully' and 'legally' yours.

attacked vortex after he humbly said that it was his time to go and that he enjoyed it. Also looks like Mustis took off with a (or a few) Hard Drives with new songs on it as ransom, and as of now still has made off with them.

Then to go and say that Mustis will fade away and never be successful in any band because he is a "lazy ass" is just purely immature

Anyone else amused at the accusations of being 'rock star drama queens' by members of a band with absurd makeup and costumes, silly song and album titles, and connection to Norwegian black metal?

Quick tip, guys... fans don't need to care if party politics are hugging each other while watching Three's Company. Sure, it's nice to have everyone happy all around... but unless you plan on making bazillions off your very own Some Kind Of Monster it's just not worth our fucking time to put this out in the open, and it's not worth losing face with no apparent benefit other than trying to screw over former bandmates that haven't aired your dirty laundry so blatantly and pointlessly.

Jeff

to quote darth vader:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHooooooooooooooo......."

goddammit, this sucks. a lot of great bands are going to shit lately!

I heard Nicholas was tired of the other guys talking (about him?) in norwegian, and he couldn't tell.
I bet you all my guitar equipment it's Shagrath's fault, starting to think 'he' is the band.. Same old story, same old.
Well prepare for trendy DB stuff ala Cradle Of Filth

Truly sad, this is the end of a great band this week...
Now is up to us to step up and fill the void :D

I never realised what a beautiful and touching piece of music 'Progenies' was until I heard it without the rest of Dimmu Borgir on it.

They peaked at Spiritual Black Dimensions for me but for what it's worth, the only things that made DB interesting to me afterwards were the orchestrations and Vortex's clean vocal parts. So yeah, good move Dimmu, fire the only things that have kept your head above the waters of mediocrity for the last few years.

A band is like a marriage between 5 people. Extremely hard to keep afloat.
Conflict/drama is always just around the corner.
That's why I do all my music myself. (And also why I'll always be single XD)

So Mustis and Vortex don't get their fair contribution for royalties. Then when they request this they get told 'worry about the music not the business'.

Got it! :heh:

My analysis:
Vortex was fired because he is a much better vocalist than Shagrath.
Mustis was fired because his synths were louder than guitars.
Dimmu Borgir = suckers for giving a "free ride" (in their own words) to these 2 now former members for so long.

EOT !

;)

bwahaha.. who the hell forgets their instruments on the way to a festival? that they're playing :S!!

"oh shit.. i'm sure i forgot something......KEYS! goddamn!"

I thought that was referring to Vortex myself, but it was kinda hard to tell (which I guess was the idea)

yeah most of that statement actually sounded like it was pointed towards vortex. the whole "smashing a bottle on your head" story, "forgetting an instrument", etc. I love how vortex posted the calmest response out of everyone and he's the one who is now getting slammed the most.

In the end,

IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,$$$$$$$,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,$$$$$$$$
,,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$
,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$
,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$
,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$
,,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$
,,,,$$$$$$$$,,,,,,$$$$
,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$
$$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$
,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$
,,$$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$
,,,$$$$$$$$,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$

I've been giving this some more thought, and while I try not to take sides on situations I have no personal involvement with, Dimmu Borgir's official response is actually more unprofessional than anything they accuse ICS Vortex and Mustis of doing. I'm honestly a bit surprised that Dimmu put out a response like this, it's extremely classless and immature of them; I had always figured they were a highly professional band. This kind of mudslinging is more something I'd expect from an L.A. glam/sleaze rock band. :lol:

In any case, if they had said literally nothing, or just put out a more objective, removed press release or something just to confirm the lineup changes, I don't think anyone would have had any problems with Dimmu Borgir, especially if their next album ends up being great. Like I said, if this results in more great music for us to enjoy, cool! I look forward to what all of these guys will do next, in spite of all this silly shit.

In the end,

IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT

,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,$$$$$$$,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,$$$$$$$$
,,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$
,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$
,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$
,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$
,,,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$
,,,,$$$$$$$$,,,,,,$$$$
,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$
$$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$
,$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$
,,$$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$
,,,$$$$$$$$,,,,,,,$$$$,,,,,,$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$$$$

As always... fuck bitches, get poorly-shaped ASCII money.

Jeff