Musza-Global Colding / rate my mix

Musza

May 3, 2010
Hi,

Well this thing about the global warming is nearly everywhere, even Gojira has a track about it. What am I seeing outside right now? Snow... and it's May in Poland (should be around 20 degree). I had to react somehow, so i recorded a little fix for this issue. The track had been composed with vocals in mind, but I had to make it shorter in order not to bore you all to death. Hope you like it. (n00b here :()

Recorded on:
Greco LP (sh-5) -> VHT Pittbull -> VHT Fat Bottom -> SM57 -> DAW
Washburn bass guitar line-in
SD drums

link to the song:

cover (by Kmuczko):
okadkaq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i kinda like the vibe!
bass sounds really good,
drums are ok, they sound raw, but it fits the song.
guitars are too loud.

any info on the production, especially the bass!?

cheers
S.

i kinda like the vibe!
bass sounds really good,
drums are ok, they sound raw, but it fits the song.
guitars are too loud.

any info on the production, especially the bass!?

cheers
S.

I recorded my Washburn bass guitar (I dunno what model is it) DI (bridge pickup) than drop 500hz with quite wide band (Q2 on rea eq), drop a little of 135 hz (for drum kick) with very tight band, put a reacomp with long response, short attack and threshold up to -9db cut. Than I put B.O.D. with standard settings (12 o clock). So for the first track. Second track is send from the first track with LePou Legion (gain on 12 o clock in the tapping part and 4 o clock in the heavier part, other knobs on 12 o clock) and guitar cabinet impulses, after that I put eq from hp 400hz to lp 5000hz :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5hqmpfmYW0&feature=mh_lolz&list=LLcsMwTP19aX4[/ame]