Mix my bands album (Scott Aitken, Foel studios)

I would really like a crack at this M8 but I have only just found it today. I will have a crack tomorrow and will try my best to have a mix to you by the end of the week. Thanks for the upload.

To save this thread resulting in some sort of mixing competition id rather keep that information anonymous.
All the mixes were of a high standard, I dont see any benefit announcing who's mix the band chose to go with.

cheers

To save this thread resulting in some sort of mixing competition id rather keep that information anonymous.
All the mixes were of a high standard, I dont see any benefit announcing who's mix the band chose to go with.

cheers
I respect your choice but you know...
You pick and pay the guy you want, nobody will discuss about that.
The "competition" was already stated at the begining, and now it's over :D
That's why I don't see any reason to keep it anonymous.

I think everybody just want to know out of curiosity and to congratulate the guy who'll mix your album, not in a challenged and frustrated way.

cheers

I too think you should announce it. It might be helpful to listen to their mix again and find out what elements of their mix you liked. We are all hear to learn, so knowing what gets a paid gig vs. not getting picked is what it's all about.

Also, won't we find out who won anyway when their name is mentioned in the mixing credits? :lol: I think we'll find out eventually. Just my 2 cents.

Wow dudes, just let it go :)

Don't feel like you've failed. Sound is highly subjective. Someone just happened to get the vibe they were after, even if it might be argued that it wasn't the best mix, objectively.

ps. I don't know who got the gig, just sharing my opinion.

Don't feel like you've failed. Sound is highly subjective. Someone just happened to get the vibe they were after, even if it might be argued that it wasn't the best mix, objectively.

I don't think anyone is arguing or upset that they didn't get picked. lol. Who said they felt like they failed? All we want to know is who he chose. I know for most of these mixing offers we offer nothing but support and praise to the winner. It's also a good learning opportunity to learn why the band chose that particular mix and what they liked about it. Like I said... it's a good learning experience. I don't think anyone is butt-hurt they didn't get picked. Dunno where you're getting your info from. lol

no one feels like they failed i don't think. but i think any sort of shootout or mix has some sort of "hey guys thanks everything sounded great but as far as the direction we liked XYZ mix the most. thanks all for trying."

it's common and professional courtesy.

Yeah, not to mention that keeping it anonymous looks a bit weird, and can maybe turns someone into thinking you're messing with us and didn't choose anybody's mix.
I hope I'm wrong and I'm not accusing you at all, I'm just saying it can looks like that.