who want to mix the new album of my band? new competition here!

felipe-x

Dec 7, 2004
santiago, chile
Hey guys :

with my band we decide to make a mixing competition for the new album:

the winner of this mixing competition will have the chance to mix the COMPLETE album with 12 songs ( for free of course!! )!

our myspace is :www.myspace.com/witchbladeband

i will record the guitars with a peavey xxx head with marshall cab and the bass direct into my mbox

let me know if you like the idea! to upload the song and star the competition

In defence of Felipe, his band seems to have had some pretty awsome support spots so it could be a great way for an up and comnig engineer to get their name out.

Having said that...
felipe-x
yes and will have the credits on the album, what better than that?

I'm sure we could all think of afew hundred things

$$$
:p

Yeh sorry mate. Got too much actual work lined up for that. You had me interested for a while, but if I were to take every band up on offers like that, I'd starve to death. Good luck to you.

I generally dislike offers like this as it cheapens the work that we do, especially as more and more talented engineers take up cheap/free work. Keep the value in the industry... compensate people for their hard work.

uhm ok im going to upload another project then to mix for practice...

yes we play with rata blanca twice, IRON MAIDEN (2004), KREATOR last year and timo kotipelto and many others...

now its turn for GRAVE DIGGER in july 31 in argentina

the winner of this mixing competition will have the chance to mix the COMPLETE album with 12 songs ( for free of course!! )!

amazing offer! ;)

I'm working at a project at the moment with about 8 vocaltracks per song (13 in total) that need to be tuned....to make this competition even more interesting the winner is allowed to tune them for me!! (for free of course).

I might have some dirty dishes that need to be cleaned as well, but I request a test-cleaning first....:headbang:

In defence of Felipe, his band seems to have had some pretty awsome support spots so it could be a great way for an up and comnig engineer to get their name out.

"Engineer of a band which has had some good support slots" doesn't sound like any kind of accolade to me. Who the hell notices engineers other than other engineers anyway? This is a ridiculous and condescending "competition" in my opinion.

yep, you don't have to pay a cent to tune all the vocaltracks of that band!
and you could (if lucky) still wash my dishes without paying anything but the warm water you'll use!

WOW - it looks sooo good.. like when i was in slavery at the Chinese plant.

they said - try to make one toy - that was toy assembling contest - and i won.... 30 years in slavery - and finaly im home!

Haha, this would have attracted less negative attention if you hadn't used the word "competition" and just asked if anyone could spare the time to mix your stuff.

I'd actually quite like to give this a go if you upload a track, and like Poidaobi said, DIs would be good if possible.