help needed! mix/reamping request

zvish

Jan 2, 2008
¯\(°_o)/¯
hi

so , the thing is - i'v got metalcore/deathcore band, we are from Poland (myspace.com/drownmyday). 3 months ago we paid CJwallgor from this forum for mixing 5 songs for our EP. We recorded drums and vocals in studio , and DI tracks of guitars and bass. And - 3 months waiting for mixes brought nothing :/ only `soon soon my frineds` and now we didn`t hear anything form him in 1 month:/ So - as you understand we`re in a deep ass, and really don't know what to do :(.

So - here`s our request for help - is anyone willing to make full mix our stuff just as training OR just reamp our DI tracks through some real amp (we don`t have equipment for this) - it could be recorded with mics , or only preamp tracks soo we could use impulses and mix stuff by ourselves.

There are 5 songs on CUBASE/nuendo project- 4 DI tracks of guitars and one DI of bass guitar, 2 tracks of vocals, snare , kick in midi, toms, hh, ride, 2x oh (there is only one overhead because guy from studio fucked up and right side is in midi;/), all mix is +-17 min of material, all clear and quantized by me etc...you can hear preview of this material on our myspace, this mix is made by me and it sound's like a crap, eh (you can hear other my noobish mixes here on forum) ;/ but maybe with real amps i do this better, i don't know...

We can`t offer much for your help - w can raise some money , but we`re just poor students from Poland , and all our money for mixing the material went to CJwall :/.
Though we`ll of course put full info about who mixed or helped by reamping guitars on our promo cd cover, myspace ETC.

HELP guys, or write what you thinking about that...
cheers
-zv

That doesn't sound like CJ. He's done work for me without issue.

hi

here`s second guitar player:)

we got contact with other band that has the same issue with him :/ they sent him their tracks before christmas.
However some people told us that he`s always on time etc so we`re really surprised and dissapointed:/

Dude, that sucks about CJ. Seems like a cool dude though, I hope he's not being a dick and has a good reason.

If you upload all the files including DIs for a song or two I'd try em out for free, and if you like it I'd do the rest for free or dirt cheap.

You should put the Guitar DI tracks up somewhere. If you want, I will give them a shot for you as I am sure others will. Always willing to help out, particularly given the circumstances.

yep, but i don't know how to export midi tracks...in this project there is a lot of tempo changes, so when i export tempo track, between some markers, and later midi, and waves, some of you guys can import it to Pro Tools? i dont know;/

just a little tip for the next time: when editing different takes of a solo to one....use crossfades! same when you just cut stuff , always apply a small fade (you've got crackles all over the place, most of them can be edited easily though)