Reamping Request

fistula said:
bufff....
then maybe i need to re-record my stuff)))

Not necessarily - all useful data is up to (let me check again) ~10000hz so you can just use a steep lowpass to kill anything above that.

fistula said:
hahah - your found exact frequency))

It was sticking like a sore thumb. ;)

fistula said:
good re-amp, indeed...

Whoa !

If you are talking about my reamps... ???
Thanks ! All vsts i used were freeware. And i forgot to lower volume a little bit before converting to mp3 so it is clipped pretty heavily:

Adobe Audition's Waveform Statistics said:
Possibly Clipped: 8316 5932

Reamp1 is boosted simulanalog jcm900 and then some eq and tls maximizer.
Reamp2 is the same boost chain with Soundspectral Xmasamp instead of jcm900 and different eq and the same maximizer.

Hi everyone ! I'm quite new here, been reading some things from here and they have helped me a bit. I'm curious of this reamping thing... With a DI box I just record my direct in sound and then take a guitar jack and run it out from my presonus firepod's Output? is there any impedance or level related problems/issues?

Could someone make a guide of how to reamp? :rolleyes: that would be :headbang: for me

Keessi said:
Hi everyone ! I'm quite new here, been reading some things from here and they have helped me a bit. I'm curious of this reamping thing... With a DI box I just record my direct in sound and then take a guitar jack and run it out from my presonus firepod's Output? is there any impedance or level related problems/issues?

Could someone make a guide of how to reamp? :rolleyes: that would be :headbang: for me

Yes, there is an impedance issue. You need a "re-amping" box that will change the impedance of the line level output from your firepod to that of an instrument level signal. You can use a passive DI box in reverse, but a dedicated re-amping box like the Radial Engineering X-Amp is alot more specialized and convenient, plus you have an output level control.

Otherwise you seem to have the idea.