The Reamp Collaboration Thread

You guys are so metal! I love it, high gain city. Yeah, the band who these belong too are more of a radio punk sorta thing. I love this idea of swapping out reamping, etc. I wonder how far a network like this could go. I'm pretty good at time correction on drums. Eh.

K, here's my reamping-gear:

Boosters:
-TS-7 (modded to 808)
-SD-1

Amps:
-Marshall JMP 2203 ('78 Stock)
+optional Soldano Hotmod
-Peavey 6505 with good tubes and Bias-Mod
-Mesa Recto Preamp
-Mesa Studio Preamp
-3.666 modded ADA MP-1 Preamp
-Subcutane Sig.Preamp (Dumble-clone clean, improved Soldano x88r circuit, improved Soldano SLO-Circuit) still very unique sound, awesome unit.
-Mesa 295 Simulclass Poweramp
-VHT 2150 Poweramp
-Roland JC-120

Cabs:
-ENGL Standard (v60)
-ENGL Standard (v30)
-Engl Pro (v30)
-Marshall 1960

Mics (only those that make sense in front of a cab):
-some sm57
-sm7
-Beyer m160 ribbon (awesome!!)
-Neumann km184 (for some clean stuff)
-AKG c414 XLII

Micpres:
-SPL Goldmike (love that one)
-RME Quad (good pre for the price, pretty clean)
-Yamaha DM2000 (not my favourites)

RME ADI8 converters

Ok guys I've got a reamp box now!
Show me the good stuff! :) I wanna try some stuff on this thingy!

Another thing, when having FX pedals, where should I put them between the Interface and Xamp or between the Xamp and AMP (seems most logical to me!)..
Cause the ENGL fx loop is pretty noisy! So prefer not to put it through there...

Ow I've bought the X-amp and PRO48 Di box...

Another thing, when having FX pedals, where should I put them between the Interface and Xamp or between the Xamp and AMP (seems most logical to me!)..
Cause the ENGL fx loop is pretty noisy! So prefer not to put it through there...

If by FX you mean overdrive/distortion/wah/noisegate then it's between xamp and amp.

i have...

peavey block letter 5150,
mesa dual rec
marshall ds100

orange 4x12 (v30's)
marshall silver jubilee 4x12 (gt75s)

maxon 808 and more pedals than you can possibly imagine.

57's, nt1 api 3124, digi 002 and littlelabs redeye.

also contact me about beat detectiving your drums (sorry i will charge for that!)

Hi i have question regarding reamping i am very keen on the idea of reamping but here is my question its a bit long so bear with me right i have to record a dry signal straight from my guitar so what i am thinking is i split my guitar signal with a signal splitter now one signal goes straight into auido interface which is emu usb 0404 straight into cubase so this records the dry signal. now the other signal goes into my amp so i can hear what i am playing in the right context now i want to put a sm57 in front of cab and record wat is being played on cubase at the same time so i can hear the amped version of what is being played so we can analayze how tight the performance is with distortion before deciding to keep it or not its harder to tell when playing back a dry signal my question is how do i set up two different tracks on cubase because when i hook up the emu it usualy just puts two signals to the same track one signal left and and one right in the stero field. also does splitting the signal from my guitar deteriorate the quality in any way?

Hi.. would someone be kind enough to try and re-amp these tracks? They're from a metal band in India. They sent the tracks to me (I'm a noob too.. I'm just trying to learn the craft), but the dist guitar tracks were pretty bad since it was from a Boss GT6. Luckily they recorded the raw tracks as well.

Does anyone want to give this a go? The raw tracks are here - a single 24-bit wav file with two rhythm tracks (panned left and right):

http://sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/mrinaldotnet/Stranglehold_Guitars.rar

Thanks! :)

now the other signal goes into my amp so i can hear what i am playing in the right context now i want to put a sm57 in front of cab and record wat is being played on cubase at the same time so i can hear the amped version of what is being played so we can analayze how tight the performance is with distortion before deciding to keep it or not its harder to tell when playing back a dry signal my question is how do i set up two different tracks on cubase because when i hook up the emu it usualy just puts two signals to the same track one signal left and and one right in the stero field. also does splitting the signal from my guitar deteriorate the quality in any way?

That's the longest sentence ever.... I know, I'm a d**k because I did this, but I could'nt help myself.

Have an Orange Tiny Terror, there's no FX loop, so you guys can't impulse it until I have the time and spare cash to buy a hot plate with line out.

But you guys could help me out by sending a buck my way if you're satisfied :).

I've got it nicely matched on a Mesa 4x12 that's got ~20 hours on it or close to it. No fancy preamps yet but pretty transparent and your choice of mics.

Will leave amp EQ flat or adjust to your personal taste, working on pulling out my other heads from storage soon, but if you want your bass reamped, I can run it through the Ampeg B-15N (the Portaflex).

Portaflex sounds good with a 57 6" in front pointed just above the cap.

SM57
copy of SM57 (not a 57 imagine a 57 with a darker timbre)
Beta 52 (not bad on gtr. but fine on the Ampeg)
KSM 32 (on loan)
Audix D6 (better on the Ampeg of course)
more coming...

PM me if you're curious.

Have an Orange Tiny Terror, there's no FX loop, so you guys can't impulse it until I have the time and spare cash to buy a hot plate with line out.

But you guys could help me out by sending a buck my way if you're satisfied :).

I've got it nicely matched on a Mesa 4x12 that's got ~20 hours on it or close to it. No fancy preamps yet but pretty transparent and your choice of mics.

Will leave amp EQ flat or adjust to your personal taste, working on pulling out my other heads from storage soon, but if you want your bass reamped, I can run it through the Ampeg B-15N (the Portaflex).

Portaflex sounds good with a 57 6" in front pointed just above the cap.

SM57
copy of SM57 (not a 57 imagine a 57 with a darker timbre)
Beta 52 (not bad on gtr. but fine on the Ampeg)
KSM 32 (on loan)
Audix D6 (better on the Ampeg of course)
more coming...

PM me if you're curious.

This is more what I need for another song what overdrive pedals do you have (if any)? Would you be willing to reamp 1-2 DI tracks? I suck and can't pay though so if your not offering to do it free then I can't do it.

Yeah, I can do it free, but it's going to take some time, school and mixing...if time isn't a huge issue, in a week or so I can send you something finished.

What sound are you going for?
Super compressed?
Dynamic?

Have a DOD Grunge, some BOSS stuff, the amp sounds pretty good though.

Do you want the files bounced at 24...PM me

Are you going to send a track? Let me know so I can put the rig out if needed.

BTW: What guitar are you using, so I can guage volume relative to what I know about my guitar and what to expect from yours?