Reamping Request

Can somebody post a clip of 5150 or mesa rectifier (or both :) ) recorded from line out?

I need it beacuse, now I have a lot of impulses, but don't know what I'm shooting for when I try to tweek my fantastic gear (read: crap) to mimic those amps.

Atheist said:
Can somebody post a clip of 5150 or mesa rectifier (or both :) ) recorded from line out?

I need it beacuse, now I have a lot of impulses, but don't know what I'm shooting for when I try to tweek my fantastic gear (read: crap) to mimic those amps.

what kind of riff, how much dist etc?

Atheist said:
Sounds killer, but what iritating sound behind it? I got that sound too while mixing some MKS's stuff.
maybe you're hearing bottom end rumbling. try hi-passing and probably use something like a C4. I use Soniformer.

I don't think it's in the IR

I just checked my reamp Hotplate Lineout track and it's there. I think it's in the original DI and the amplification is exacerbating it.

yeah maybe its DI box - it was very old one

maybe equalization will help...

::XeS:: said:
The impulses 16a and 17b isn't in the zip you have posted some days ago...there is a chance to check this impulses also?
thank you!
sure...

download it again. also included is a file with some details for each IR

EDIT 2006aug15: Impulse Zip File

I've noticed the left mic in the impulses has an higher level than right...do you adjust them, for example with some fader?
If I record 2 100% panned tracks (with the same impulses) and 2 80% panned tracks (with another impulses), the left level is higher...I've adjusted this problem with the stereo fader of some waver eq..

I haven't cared about this yet. but yeah, I would adjust for balance. the reason is that the Impulses are stereo, so the left track is using the left Impulse side and the right track is using the right Impulse side. I believe so far the right side is a 421II.

I'm using Voxengo's Impulse and I'll switch between just the left (mono) side and both.

Some Impulses are not as volume balanced as well as others and the left and right sides are not sonically balanced.

kp-

I like the 5150 better too and I am now understanding why some guys switch from cobra to 6505... but yeah it's a matter of taste!!! but maybe the different line-outs/impulses?

::XeS:: said:
keiffer,when you go to the soundcard with cobra which output do you use?
::XeS::, I have a Hotplate and use the Line Out in it.

But if I didn't have the HP, I'd use the Cobra Line Out and with a Cab connected. I haven't tried the Cobra Line Out... I hope it's Post Power Section and not just pre-amp out.

kp-