The Reamp Collaboration Thread

Are you going to send a track? Let me know so I can put the rig out if needed.

BTW: What guitar are you using, so I can guage volume relative to what I know about my guitar and what to expect from yours?

I am still in the process of tracking but hopefully this week I will have something for you.

I am using an Ibanez mmm1 with gibson burstbucker pros.

Hello guys...

After recording several songs with several hardware or software modelers I thought maybe it was time to have the guitars sound like the real thing. That's where you guys come in :D... since I don't have a real amp or know anyone who has. I would really appreciate if someone could do a little reamp for me. I uploaded a file at the forum's ftp (/htdocs/Keregioz/reamp file.rar)
it's a 42mb file. To make things a little easier for anyone who attempts to reamp it I placed all the guitar takes in one single mono 48khz 24bit wav file which is about 8 minutes.
The tone I'm going for is something similar to Nevermore's "Dead heart..." which from what I've read in this forum is a Mesa Dual Rec with an overdrive pedal in front recorded with an sm57. The settings can be found here if it helps : http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/323157-jeff-loomis-guitar-settings-again.html

If someone is willing to do this and doesn't have a dual rec, it can be some other amp like 5150 for example... of anything that can produce a high gain heavy tight tone.

I'm waiting for any reply...or you can email me at keregioz@yahoo.com.

I am still in the process of tracking but hopefully this week I will have something for you.

I am using an Ibanez mmm1 with gibson burstbucker pros.

Cool man, I'm a bit anxious to do some reamping, no huge rush, but my schedule is school/work/sleep a lot these days, but if this works out...kickass.

Thanks Much

I have at our spot a 5150 mk1 and mkII with a mesa recto cab (old one not oversized) if anyone ever wants anything reamped. i also have a tubescreamer ts 808 laying around.

some examples of my work are here www.myspace.com/abigailwilliams
the songs like carrion birds and and conqueror wyrm were done using this setup.

Keregioz

From the repeating of the riffs, I assumed quad-tracking and set the Gain/OD accordingly. It is a bit boomy in the low-end when you are chugging away on the bottom string, but that shouldn't be too hard to tame. The sample file is obviously just 1 track-mono since that is what the source was. Once you layer it up it will sound nice and full, I hope.

Not sure if it is suitable, but since I had the gear set up I thought I would give it a quick shot.

It's uploading now on the ftp in my directory.

Keregioz

From the repeating of the riffs, I assumed quad-tracking and set the Gain/OD accordingly. It is a bit boomy in the low-end when you are chugging away on the bottom string, but that shouldn't be too hard to tame. The sample file is obviously just 1 track-mono since that is what the source was. Once you layer it up it will sound nice and full, I hope.

Not sure if it is suitable, but since I had the gear set up I thought I would give it a quick shot.

It's uploading now on the ftp in my directory.

Thanks man.... I will keep checking the ftp to see when it's finished, I really appreciate this. You assumed right about the quad-tracking. So what amp did you use?...

hi there, I could help you out reamping your tracks with my
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50 (sold),
Engl e530 preamp,
and my Engl Fireball
Just send me a message. No possibility to reamp with a cab. Only pre-amp section or impulese!

Hey,

My band are currently recording some stuff at the minute and i was going to reamp it myself- but i'm sure someone on this forum can do better. (All i have for reamping is a podxt)

Anyone want to try getting a killer fucking guitar tone? Our sound is kind of like Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage having Arch Enemy's babies, with Job for a Cowboy, Mastodon and a lil bit of meshuggah thrown into the mix.

Dry guitar will be Schecter Tempest with Seymour Duncan JB tuned to Drop C.

(It might suck, but the dry guitar is recorded via a line level input, i dunno if that's good enough.)

I'll throw my services in as well.

Gear:

Peavey XSr™
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier
Ibanez TS-9
Marshall 2x12, 1x T75 and 1x V30
SM57, i5, e609
Radial ProRMP
Focusrite Saffire Pro 26i/o
MOTU 8Pre

Here is an example of something I have reamped recently. XSr™ and Recto blended, both with TS-9, using the V30 in the cab, and SM57 into Saffire pres.

:)

~006