Reamping Request

Okay, I haven't kept up with this thread to see if anyone else did your re-amping for you. It looks like several people may have actually...

I finally got a chance to do this yesterday. Here's a stereo track of my 5150, I recorded each of your 2 tracks and just mixed them as a stereo file. I figure you can seperate them in your software if you need to.
I also recorded with my Marshall, but I haven't uploaded that yet. I'll get that up for you tomorrow.

I'm not sure about the sound you wanted, but this is pretty high gain and crunchy. It's my 5150 II with a Zakk Wylde overdrive in front and a single 57.
I know you mentioned wanting a condensor in there too but I didn't have time to dial that in. This is just how I would normally record it.

Here's an mp3 so you can listen to it:

www.themetallab.com/files/5150-REAMP.mp3

And here's a link to the wav file. 50 megs!

www.themetallab.com/files/5150-REAMP.wav

thanks a lot Keiffer and Metalhead!

Keiffer, the bandwidth is gone.. could u host the IR zip in a server like yousendit or rapidshare.de ?

Keiffer said:
have you ever tried a Notch of several db around 2.3k hz. if not give it a try.

Hmm, I don't know If I've tried that specifically.
I think this reamp I did needs some EQ, but I just wanted to pass it along exactly as I recorded it.

I'll give it a shot though! :)

it doesn't take much and use a pretty narrow notch. it'll knock off that that jingly annoyance that you may not notice how vexing it is until it's gone.

sorry for the delay - had internet problems

metal head- thanks bro!!!!
that exacly what i was wanted!
respect

fistula said:
yeah maybe its DI box - it was very old one

maybe equalization will help...

Just checked your dry clips on Adobe Audition's frequency analyzer.

Looks like you have a TV set turned on and too close to your guitar's pickups - it is that spike at 15625hz - i remember long time ago wondering where this spike comes from, i did some experiments - the spike was huge when i had my TV on in my room and smaller when my grandma watched her's in her room, it may even come from your neighbor's TV if you live in a flat.

Can anyone explain why it is exactly 15625hz ?
Is it a standard refresh rate multiplied by number of horizontal (vertical ?) lines ? 625*25 ?

Mutant said:
Just checked your dry clips on Adobe Audition's frequency analyzer.

Looks like you have a TV set turned on and too close to your guitar's pickups - it is that spike at 15625hz - i remember long time ago wondering where this spike comes from, i did some experiments - the spike was huge when i had my TV on in my room and smaller when my grandma watched her's in her room, it may even come from your neighbor's TV if you live in a flat.

Can anyone explain why it is exactly 15625hz ?
Is it a standard refresh rate multiplied by number of horizontal (vertical ?) lines ? 625*25 ?
625 lines per images times 50 halfimages per second (50Hz) that makes your 15.625kHz!

bufff....
then maybe i need to re-record my stuff)))

hahah - your found exact frequency))

good re-amp, indeed...

cheers