Reamping test please help

Here's another one (tried that new drum track).

http://www.kolumbus.fi/fractal.wonderland/sly1D.mp3

EDIT:

Seems that I lost tiny drum edit for 1C, but here is that too, kinda nasty vibe:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/fractal.wonderland/sly1C.mp3

Btw, why is it always guitars which are tweaked to fit with drums etc. It would be good practise a while (for me) when making one guitar tone at start and then find and tweak other instruments tone to that...any producers works that way? I'd like to hear some examples.

Here's my attempt. Great DI's by the way (I'm hope I'm doing them some semblance of justice!!). I'm still trying to dial out some of the honk in my reamp, but for some reason Revalver isn't doing right by me on this track, so I went 100% PodFarm! Yikes - sacrilege I know. I also left a bit of room in the low end for some bass.

Hey Sly, is there a bass DI available?

http://216.92.49.24/091101-Sly_Reamp_Test.mp3

Bobby

I'm just wondering, what's the end game for this thread?

I was under the impression that it was just some reamping for fun. Certainly made worthwhile by the high quality DI tracks.

I really want to grab a 5150 for a few days and experiment with some mega 90s style melodeath tones. The Bugera gets there, but with some junk in the trunk, if ya know what I mean. Nothing a notch or two don't fix however!

I was under the impression that it was just some reamping for fun. Certainly made worthwhile by the high quality DI tracks.

I really want to grab a 5150 for a few days and experiment with some mega 90s style melodeath tones. The Bugera gets there, but with some junk in the trunk, if ya know what I mean. Nothing a notch or two don't fix however!

Ermz, you are more than welcome to my 5150, XXX and 6505+ if ya ever in a pickle mate!

I think there is no real aim to this thread, just making fun with reamping, amps etc.
In The end, I will reamp the guitars through my gear myself I guess, I'd like to mix two amps, but maybe I can find some really interesting sounds in the thread.
We are currently recording a second track hehe.

....... Doing this :
- I can see if the guitars are tracked well enough or if they need to be tighter in some specific places.
- It can make a preview of the final result with various amps !!

Come on if you have some time to waste on reamping :)
You can post individual/stereo guitar tracks or the drums+guitars "mix".

I had some time to waste on reamping (4 day weekend), so I gave them a shot and gave some feedback on the quality of the DI's.

Good practice for me and hopefully some insight to Sly on how his tracks sound reamped. :)

LMAO. If you travel to Ballarat for amps yet haven't been to Point Cook since my 21st I will disown you! :heh:

Hahahahaha! Nebulos, Ermz, Guitarhack, Petrovski and anyone else in a 200km radius of "Balla", you are all welcome to come down to my joint one weekend, drag a couple of amps along, a re-amp box (as I dont possess one) and we'll drink some piss, have fillet steak on the Barbie (Dylan, you may have to fly) and we can sit out the front and watch all the talent walk by! Then maybe someone could show me how to set up this fucking trigger finger once and for all! :lol:

I think there is no real aim to this thread, just making fun with reamping, amps etc.
In The end, I will reamp the guitars through my gear myself I guess, I'd like to mix two amps, but maybe I can find some really interesting sounds in the thread.
We are currently recording a second track hehe.

Cool, well thanks for posting it up. It was nice to deal with quality DIs for a change.

As GH said, some of the faster stuff is a bit messy, but otherwise it's quite solid. Makes for a nice, squishy melodeath tone. There's a lot of life in the DIs.

If I end up borrowing some other amps I'll most likely do more reamps just for fun.