Reamping Editing

kenfobert

Jul 1, 2009
Ontario, Canada
www.myspace.com
Hey guys

I shoulda called the thread DI editing but anyway,

My band is planning on reamping the guitars and bass for our next album and I was wondering:

After all the tracks are recorded with reference tracks and DI tracks, what is the process on editing DI tracks to get them ready to send to someone who is re-amping.
I don't know how to explain what I'm asking very well so I'll just give an example.

tracking a song will take a lot of takes, and when it's done, you go through the process of editing all the takes to make it sound like it's one take.

How do you go about doing this with DI tracks? do I edit the reference tracks first so I know what the DI will sound like reamped, and then edit the DI track the same as the reference?

Hope you guys understand what I'm saying lol.

I've read a lot of that post and couldn't find anything about actually editing the DI tracks. It's more of a guide on how to setup your equipment and how to record DI tracks. Not much info on how to edit them.

It is 11 pages long though and I haven't gone through every single page. But search function sucks here and nothing came up in Google for searching "how to edit DI tracks" or "edit DI tracks".

So if anyone could shed some light I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

You can't group them in Cubase but you can create a folder track, place your DI and your miced Track in there and cut the folder track instead of the individual tracks. That way it will perform the same cut on all the tracks in the folder.

What do you need to edit? If it's the rests, just leave them & edit that from the reamped track. Otherwise, what was said earlier... alongside your amp tracks. Be very careful to maintain your continuity.